2" thick handlebars for R3

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Anyone seen these before and know the brand/origin.

2" thick handlebars for R3. Quite different to the NZ made Thunderbike bars that have a cross bar that fits the stock risers. These obviously replace the stock risers and are the biggest i have seen.

I have the 1.5" Thunderbike so called Oversized ones fitted at the moment but feel undersized now! ;):eek::D

Thunderbike Engineering - Rocket 3 - Online Shop

Last edited:
I dunno but I own them now - the thought of you getting your greedy fingers on them kept me awake at night for weeks.;):p:D
I've been getting my "Greedy Fingers" on a lot lately. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:
Bought a 2011 R3R with 16000klms Sight Unseen - $ was right....

Are they Burleigh Bars?
Yes, details below. Not cheap AUD$1000 (US$800) new, but I got a bargain.;):D:cool:

http://www.burleighbars.com.au/index.html

TRIUMPH ROCKET III 2R12-R3 2” (51mm) Roller with 12” (310mm) Rise – w/Optional Speedo Brackets $999.00
31.5” (800mm) wide not including bar end weights, 7“ (178mm) pull back with ½” UNC Bolts

Compared to 1.5" Thunderbike NZ bars:
190mm rise and 160mm pullback.
Width of bars is approx 820mm not including bar end weights

Note: Burleigh Bars Risers run ½” UNC BOLT SIZE - And are designed to accept factory controls.
1 ¼” and 1 ½” Handlebars for Metric Bikes (Suzuki, Triumph etc) upon request can be produced with
10mm Metric (m10 – 1.5tpi) Bolts. All other bars run a larger ½” UNC Bolt.

www.facebook.com/BurleighBarsAustralia

Burleigh Bars Australia - (07)55937720 - info@burleighbars.com.au

FAX: 07 5593 7677 E-mail: info@burleighbars.com.au

Phone or E-Mail us at: info@burleighbars.com.au
Alternatively, you can message us on our facebook page!

International Phone Number:
+61 7 5593 7720

For all enquiries on bars or orders please call between 9am-3pm Monday to Friday, or email us at: info@burleighbars.com.au

Must weigh nearly as much as the bike

No very light, USA made 304 Stainless Steel

1. 304 Stainless Steel means:
    • No rust, when bars are being transported, in storage or after sale.
    • The chromium content of the steel allows the formation of a tough, adherent, invisible, corrosion resisting chromium oxide film on the steel surface. If damaged mechanically or chemically this film is self healing, provided that oxygen, even in very small amounts, is present. The corrosion resistance as well as other useful properties of the steel are enhanced by increased chromium content and the addition of other elements such as molybdenum, nickel and nitrogen as present in 304l grade used in our bars.
    • Bars out shine chrome with no copper colour beneath.
    • If bars are scratched they can be polished on bike or as is, to return them to saleable quality finish.
    • Warranty claims are low to non-existent.
    • Stock can be stored or transported for extended periods without risk to finish quality.
    • There is chrome all the way through the bar not just in a 2 micron thick finish as with show chrome.
    • Bars are stronger by up to and above 80%. This is due to superior manufacturing & molecular properties.
      • Tensile strength 515MPa min
      • Density 8,000kg/m 3
      • 0.2% proof stress 205MPa min
      • Elastic modulus 193GPa
      • Elongation 40% min
      • Mean coefficient of thermal expansion.
      • Brinell hardness 201HB max 0-100oC 17.2µm/m/ oC
      • Rockwell hardness 92HRB max 0-315oC 17.8µm/m/ oC
      • Vickers hardness 210HV max 0-538oC 18.4µm/m/ oC
    • Low costs of maintenance and cleanliness. Can be readily cleaned, and resists organic chemicals, dye stuffs and a wide variety of inorganic chemicals.
    • Resistant to extreme temperatures
    • Long term value. When the total life cycle costs are considered, stainless steel is often the least expensive material option for distributors and retail clients a like.
  2. Bar Strength;
    Our bars typically load test above the weight of motorcycle the bar is intended for. This is sometimes over 3 times the load rating of the standard bars fitted from factory. This means if a client is in an accident, they will have some degree of control due to the handlebars not failing where the stock ones would. This has been proven to save lives and reduce the radius of the impact zone in traffic accidents involving experienced riders.
  3. Ease of installation;
    The ease of which our handlebars can be installed is present in all our dealer testimonials. This saves the client installing the bars (whether it be a qualified technician or a private client) time & money. The bars made for internal wiring have been manufactured so the wires don’t hang up during installation or deteriorate over time due to rough edges or poor craftsmanship.
  4. 7 Year warranty.
  5. Designed For Style and Comfort.
    We offer optimised wrist positions so the rider is always in control and the wrist is working with and not against the shoulder and elbow. We also have advertised technical information aimed at matching the rider to bar for guaranteed comfort. Processes like giving the height & pullback of a bar when mounted on a 32 degree rake (as per the standard rake on most HD’s, Victory Motorcycles, Metric Cruisers & Triumph Cruisers), this way the client can accurately measure or be measured up to ensure they know to a degree whether they will be comfortable where the bars put them on their own bike. Our style speaks for itself. For those in the know, whether it be world recognised members of the motorcycling community like Doc Robinson of Heavy Duty Magazine or award winning bike builders like Shifter Anderson, a founding member of Convict Cycles, Paul Orpwood, the owner of Johnny Chop, Chris Hill, CEO of Big Bear Choppers Australia, Shane Cooper of Speed Demon Cycles to name a few, all exclusively use Burleigh Bars for every bike.

How to measure:

Measuring Pull Back:
Easiest way for measuring pull back is to draw a straight width line from the tip of the extreme end of bar on one side to the extreme end of bar on the alternate side, Then measure from the face of the riser, or riser bolt centre, back to the width line, this gives you an accurate measurement of pull back on the bike at present. Then measure the space between where you are now and where you want to be. Also when we are talking Knuckle/T-Bar/Roller/V-Bar/Drag Bar style make sure you do it with a flat wrist position as this will optimise your ability to judge pull back, as these bars leave your knuckles facing the road and not in a wheel barrow position as so many other bars do.

Measuring Height:
Measure from the point the bars/risers attach to the top triple clamp on the motorcycle to the base of cross bar for V-Bars/T-Bars/Roller Bars & solid mount or integrated riser bars. For bars that clamp into risers such as ape hangers and westerns, turn the bar up- side down so the control arms are flat on the ground either side; Measure from the cross bar to the point the controls touch the ground.

Measuring Width:
Measure from extreme end of bar to extreme end of bar in a straight line. Allow for the difference grips and bar ends will make.

Please not all our measurements are based upon a 32-34 degree rake (unless developed for a specific model with a different rake then we measure to suit that rake in degrees), this means we measure so you will have an idea of how the bars will measure once mounted to your motorcycle.

Last edited:
Some more photos from their website Gallery.

upload_2017-7-29_13-13-45.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-14-1.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-14-17.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-14-31.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-14-44.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-15-0.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-15-17.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-15-41.png

i have Thunderbike bars and have also put the rivco risers on to get the bars back where it is more comfortable for me...these look like they would be about the same position as mine....but minus the risers...nice look.

Back