2" thick handlebars for R3

Can you lift the tank with them on?. The Clocks obviously will have to come off.
No idea, I have not fitted them to my bike, need to refer to the photos, but I think they would need to be removed even if you can hopefully leave all the cables attached. They do have a their own instrument mounting bracket to replace the stock one so the instruments are attached to the bars where they bend back. This bracket is welded on to the bars so will likely still contact the tank even if the pods are removed - see photo below which I think does not have the optional welded bracket and is using the stock instrument mounting point.

Admittedly an advantage with the Thunderbike NZ 1.5" ones is they use the stock risers or, as @Tal has done the RIVCO risers, so can be easily adjusted and rotated forward or back or even removed by loosening the 4x riser bolts without disconnecting any cables etc. The Thunderbike NZ ones do need to be rotated forward and the instruments removed to lift the tank.

With these Burleigh ones the two 0.5" main bolts would have to be removed from under the headstem top-plate.

Link Removed

Last edited:
Not sure I fancy that idea much then. They look nice enough but thats a serious maintenance impact.
It's bad enough that i have to remove the little round center instrument to rotate the tank.

accepted in the manner it was sent...I like the teebars for looks and posture but by adding the risers it has sat me up and back a tad making it spot on...i think those Burleigh bars would be a nice sitting position too...plus they look the ducks nuts...nice!

Back