Goodbye K1600 - Hello Rocket 3 R!

I had a K1200R before my 2008 R3 and I'm curious why you are giving up the K1600?
What about the new R3 made you convert?

(The shift drum on the K1200R took a dump which is why I got rid of it.)

Welcome, I'll take the K1600 if you don't want it. Backup for my K1200GT

Welcome from Virginia. That K 1600 is a nice ride so it’ll be interesting to hear why you converted. Of course you are not going to get as much storage on the R3 R but you’ll certainly have plenty of fun factor.

Hi and welcome to the forum wish I could get rid of gen 1 rocket so I could gen 2 rocket sooner but just can't bring myself to do it . Will just have to wait a bit longer:( enjoy your new beast I am sure you won't regret it :thumbsup:

Why the change.. - It may sound a little crazy to some, but I've had predominantly British bikes since I was 17 years old (62 now) and never really felt 'at home' on a BMW. I'm sure I will miss its superior touring capabilities. but when I saw the first photos of the new Rocket I knew I would have to get one. I guess I've missed the sense of pride you get from riding a British bike in a world where just about everything else you buy is designed and made somewhere else. I'm not overly patriotic about anything else, but when it comes to motorcycles I suppose I must be. I previously owned a 2006 and a 2012 Rocket III Roadster and switched to the K1600 because I liked the idea of a bike with so many 'gadgets' which the older Rockets didn't have and after 10 years on Rocket IIIs I just fancied a change! Now, with the emergence of the new Rocket 3 I'll have the best of both worlds - a British bike with all the bells and whistles!

bienvenue de France ,j'ai fait exactement la même chose séparé du K 1600 GT pour une R3 GT pas celle de la photo qui vous l'aurez deviné est une R a l'essai ,il me faut attendre encore 2 mois pour la GT en fait je l'ai vendue parce que je roulait beaucoup trop vite avec trop de protection et j'ai littéralement craqué sur la belle Rocket

bienvenue de France ,j'ai fait exactement la même chose séparé du K 1600 GT pour une R3 GT pas celle de la photo qui vous l'aurez deviné est une R a l'essai ,il me faut attendre encore 2 mois pour la GT en fait je l'ai vendue parce que je roulait beaucoup trop vite avec trop de protection et j'ai littéralement craqué sur la belle Rocket

Hi nytrox, The GT version of the Rocket seems to be the preferred model from what I've read online - hence the longer wait.

Do you really think you'll ride the rocket any slower than your K1600?

Back