Getting back on the bike

RobWhi

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
We brought a Rocket in 2013 and only done approx 6000klms

We had a unfortunate incident and lost our business with a fire. The insurance company gave us hell
and my mental health has suffered . I have been in hospital for the last couple of months getting treatment
For PTSD and depression.(mental health sucks)

Still fighting for the income protection

We have decided to get back on the bike and do a trip down the East cost here in Australia from Brisbane
To the Great Ocean Road taking over 3weeks

We have leather saddle bags and storage and thinking about upgrading it to hard luggage
The advantages of security waterproof . I like the Spanish Shad panniers and expandable top box.
Does anyone have any of these.

We are hoping to do quite a few trips so want to set the bike up a lot better

Rob

We brought a Rocket in 2013 and only done approx 6000klms

We had a unfortunate incident and lost our business with a fire. The insurance company gave us hell
and my mental health has suffered . I have been in hospital for the last couple of months getting treatment
For PTSD and depression.(mental health sucks)

Still fighting for the income protection

We have decided to get back on the bike and do a trip down the East cost here in Australia from Brisbane
To the Great Ocean Road taking over 3weeks

We have leather saddle bags and storage and thinking about upgrading it to hard luggage
The advantages of security waterproof . I like the Spanish Shad panniers and expandable top box.

We are hoping to do quite a few trips so want to set the bike up a lot better

Rob

You'll persevere this crap - you're a ROCKETMAN!!!

I akso ride a 2012 R3R and I run Tusk aluminum panniers. Tough, sealed & waterproof, and lockable.

I cant offer you any hardware but I can offer you some food for thought.

Been down the GOR myself and it really is worth the trip, take your time and stop over plenty, it helps blow all those troubles away along with most other bikes when your on the Rocket - take it easy brother, stop and smell the roses.

(mental health sucks)

Rob - The first thing - Yup it bleedin' does.

I am not sure anybody does any decent mounts for SHAD side cases on an R3.
I have some SHAD 43L cases on mine (no longer sold) and had to make my own non-QD mounting system up.

That expanding topcase - I've a mate with one on his BMW - he says it gets a bit rattly when it's not packed to bursting.

Take a look at the Hepco&Becker Junior series.

As one fellow Rocketeer has “Therpy” for his license plate, you too will find relief in the joy of the ride. Sounds like you have a great trip planned out. I am also a fan of hard luggage, but I have the Touring with OEM panniers so no additional recommendations aside from the Corbin Beatle bags.

Hope all goes well as you prepare and your other things get resolved.

Last edited:
Back