Getting back on the bike

There is no oil in the drive shaft core. However the splines from the shaft to the final drive need to be lubed every time the rear wheel comes off. Triumph gave no spec for lubing this spline connection but it needs to be done. 15 years of Rockets has taught us all that. You need a strong moly paste for this application. most of us have been using Honda Moly 60 Paste. However that is no longer available. DO NOT waste your money on the Honda Moly 77 paste. It is NOT made for this application.

The oil in the final drive can be changed every 30K miles. I change mine every spring which is between 6000 and 8000 miles for me. It is only about 6 oz. so I just do it.

We brought a Rocket in 2013 and only done approx 6000klms

We had a unfortunate incident and lost our business with a fire. The insurance company gave us hell
and my mental health has suffered . I have been in hospital for the last couple of months getting treatment
For PTSD and depression.(mental health sucks)

Still fighting for the income protection

We have decided to get back on the bike and do a trip down the East cost here in Australia from Brisbane
To the Great Ocean Road taking over 3weeks

We have leather saddle bags and storage and thinking about upgrading it to hard luggage
The advantages of security waterproof . I like the Spanish Shad panniers and expandable top box.
Does anyone have any of these.

We are hoping to do quite a few trips so want to set the bike up a lot better

Rob

Good for you. This is exactly what you need...congrats and great job and stay on top it brother...god d luck.

Seeing how so many have posted about the therapeutic benefits of riding, (and I fully agree) I couldn't help thinking about this oldie.... I realize it's about a Honda but if you can forget that for a minute and listen to the words.... 1st gear, it's alright. 2nd gear, its....... ain't it the truth.

I start getting this way around January being snow bound. Fast recovery brother and godspeed riding those Aussi roads.

Hi Rob, read your post a week or so back and did a long reply but fn fone went flat and lost all the words. Including pannier bags.

Here in Christchurch NZ we waited 6½ years for the insurance company to sort out the earthquake claim. I too almost last the plot but I still had my job.

You enjoy your time on the bike and don't be in a hurry as the police love the double demerit points at this time of the year in Oz.

Post pictures of the sunny weather so the guys and girls in the north have something to be annoyed at.

Take care and a Merry Xmas from Christchurch New Zealand.

I also did the GOR a while back in a Toyota Land cruiser camper was an amazing time but a long long road so don't do what I did which was Mt Gambier to an hour out of Geelong in a day think it was about 14 hours behind the wheel but was on a tight schedule and only doing 90kph Max.

Back