I have used the one shot treatment available at Halfords - there were no detrimental effects. Using premium fuel seems the best way. Hope this helps

I just poured in an entire can of Sea Foam for the first time. Bike sat for three years and saw quite a few good reviews of the stuff, so figured it can't hurt. Haven't run enough of it through yet to tell if there will be any noticeable change. Not sure yet if I'll add it regularly.

I have used redex on all my bikes for many years, i stick a whole bottle in a full tank after the winter coz the bike has been standing for about 3 months. No problems ever.

the reason i ask is,when i had a suzuki b/king i also added redex to it,not a bottle mind you,it ran **** for a few miles ?
then i was told that the injectors on the bike are that are set that precise not to use any thing but just fuel ???
any advice please.

Have used seafoam in the lawnmowers and weed eaters. Really good results but the way modern day bikes are set up with a real gas filter really do not see a need for additives. We have really dirty gas here in Oklahoma so the filter gets changed every 15,000 miles. The harley gets the same. The filter on the harley is see through type and you would be amazed at how dirty it gets at 15,000 miles. Next time I pull it i will post a pick of it.

I don't have sources to quote, but it's my understanding most manufacturers advise not using any additives. Modern gas is something like 20% additives anyways, so you're already getting a lot of it.

Plus the whole additive industry seems like a lot of snake oil to me. It's all anecdotal and paranoia and superstition. I want to see a LOT of hard evidence that it makes a difference before I try an additive. Sea Foam seems to have that evidence for me. Never been convinced of anything else.

Back