sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Replaced the sender unit about a month ago. No problems. Just added new hand grips and levers. In the process raised tank to adjust throttle cables. Filled the gas tank yesterday and bars on fuel gauge never moved. Now nothing is showing on the bar but low gas light is not on. (about half a tank) WTF. Did open up right hand side switch to mount new hand grips. Have no idea if something in switch controls fuel gauge or not. Bike runs fine but fuel gauge is really pissing me off. Any ideas? Did check sender unit to insure it was not stuck or anything of that nature.

Last edited:
Very irritating. Makes no sense at all. I should have Saturday off and will attempt to trouble shoot again.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I wonder if you had the tank up did something happen the cable to the fuel pump assembly.
If one of the 2 fuel level sender wires got pulled loose or something, that might explain it. Although i would expect there to be a check engine light with P0460.

You could head into TuneECU Diagnostics and see what the fuel level voltage is doing, might give a clue.

Why did you have to replace the sender unit?

Back