Ride
2004 Rocket
Hi, I've been wondering why I've run out of fuel today, no low fuel warning light.
Checked inside the talk and the fuel sender was missing.
Does anyone have experience of be kicking around that would like to sell to me??
Cheers

You are talking about the float????? I always use my trip counter on my 2005 even on my 2011 which has a fuel gauge which is useless
I normally keep the tank topped up but decided this time to see when the light would come on, thought I was getting super mental mileage our of the tank, until I ran out, I was well pissed off, lucky I had my own rac (Wife) to tow me home.
How long do you run for until you fill up?

Ah right ok, is it a significant difference
Google matey. Like god, it is always there! :D

R3 Roadster and Classic etc a 26 litre tank.
5.42 Imperial gallons
6.87 US gallons.

The gallon (/ˈɡælən/) is a unit of measurement for fluid capacity in both the US customary units and the British imperial systems of measurement. Three significantly different sizes are in current use: the imperial gallon defined as 4.54609 litres (4 imperial quarts or 8 imperial pints), which is used in the United Kingdom, Canada, and some Caribbean nations; the US gallon defined as 231 cubic inches (4 US liquid quarts or 8 US liquid pints) or about 3.785 L, which is used in the US and some Latin American and Caribbean countries; and the least-used US dry gallon defined as 1/8 US bushel (4.405 L).

Hi, I've been wondering why I've run out of fuel today, no low fuel warning light.
Checked inside the talk and the fuel sender was missing.
Does anyone have experience of be kicking around that would like to sell to me??
Cheers
If you run the motor long enough you will run out of gas. :p

Sorry. Couldn't resist. My fuel gauge stopped working when I spliced wires when I had bar extensions made. I've been filling up between 120 and 140 miles ever since. I got lucky and my idiot light still comes on around the same time as above. I averaged between 20-25 mpg (US) with the Hanso tune I was running. I'm hoping to get better mpg with the Nels tune I loaded from the resource link on this site. Some guys have good things to say about Fuelbot. Not sure how it works but have given thought about giving it a try as well.

Back