Thanks Kev, I've bookmarked their page. But their pump is about 6" long, like the ones on Amazon and other places. Just hoping to find something similar to the size of the stock internal pump, that would work externally.
You can run a bigger pump, the regulator stock, and injectors stock, same fuel gonna be delivered. Now if you change regulator and injectors like i did, the fuel will need to be dialed back alot

Thanks for the info Kev. I've been down this road. The internal regulator on the Rockets can't be used externally, as their relief/bypass passage is just a small hole in the side of the regulator. It just bypasses back into the tank. I've also read some theory's that the stock internal pump needs to be submerged in fuel, to help cooling. Some people claim that's why the low fuel light comes on earlier than might be desired. I just find it almost amazing that their isn't any "small" external high pressure pumps out there. On my rig, I have an external regulator, set to 40 psi, and a bypass hose running back to the tank.

i see fowlers is out of stock. ebay has several questionable offers. Whats the go too?
I first figured injectors so had those cleaned and calibrated. got the cheapy pressure test kit off ebay. 8 lbs prob a bit short of 43.
Thanks John Texas
Question
8 pounds of pressure out of a bad pump
or 8 pounds of boast on turbo
please clairify?

Thanks for the info Kev. I've been down this road. The internal regulator on the Rockets can't be used externally, as their relief/bypass passage is just a small hole in the side of the regulator. It just bypasses back into the tank. I've also read some theory's that the stock internal pump needs to be submerged in fuel, to help cooling. Some people claim that's why the low fuel light comes on earlier than might be desired. I just find it almost amazing that their isn't any "small" external high pressure pumps out there. On my rig, I have an external regulator, set to 40 psi, and a bypass hose running back to the tank.

Not sure why you want to go away from internal pump to external?
Re the reg, it is indeed a pain to get another to go in the tank, hence why I'd converted fuel system to a recirc type with an adjustable reg outside the tank several years ago. The excess fuel returns back into the tank. Can you post pics of your setup? Interested

Also why is your reg set so low?
40lb being less than stock.. and you've not had any issues with boosted intake pressure counteracting fuel injection pressure?

Thanks for the info Kev. I've been down this road. The internal regulator on the Rockets can't be used externally, as their relief/bypass passage is just a small hole in the side of the regulator. It just bypasses back into the tank. I've also read some theory's that the stock internal pump needs to be submerged in fuel, to help cooling. Some people claim that's why the low fuel light comes on earlier than might be desired. I just find it almost amazing that their isn't any "small" external high pressure pumps out there. On my rig, I have an external regulator, set to 40 psi, and a bypass hose running back to the tank.:confused:

Sorry a mark 4 Supra so 1993 to 2002 iirc.
Didn't know you were boosted, do you have dyno records or a way of logging?
If you could see % duty cycle of the injectors at max, they may top out before you need a "bigger" pump. I'd say injectors will limit first then the pressure reg then the pump.
But in any case if you're replacing the pump I'd go for the Walbro, simply because it's cheaper than the Triumph one and higher spec, and much more versatile for tuning engines.
Its a turbo connection kit from S Dakota. I have a dyno sheet from when he tuned it. 220 at 4300 at the tire 236 tq. I need to put in my robinson tranny too. its ate second again.

Thanks for showing us your bikes & dogs Steve.
I see what you mean now re the pump, reg etc being external. I thought you had a stock tank before. Ain't no room for all the pump & reg assembly in your mini drag tank.

Poor aul dogs! Why they all got cancer! :-(

Back