germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Ok, new to R3's. I have a R3R. I am trying to remove previously installed speaker wiring and it is getting caught up under the tank. I think I'll have to tank the tank off. Is removing it as simple as taking the bolt off at the top of the tank and the pin under the front of the seat? I don't think I'll need to fully remove it - just need to have some room to get the wires pulled through. Any surprises I should be aware of?

Thank you!

Ya that will work fine. You probably dont need to but all thays left is the plug harness and fuel line. And she is on the ground out of the way. Only fuel you lose is in the line just lay a towel between the frame when loosening it.

If you take the front bolt out, the tank can be lifted up. Snapped onto the right hand frame rail, you will see the prop stick that holds it up. It pokes into the hole where the front bolt was.

Dont forget the two M6 bolts that hold the Bear Claw on, 10mm socket is required

I have a custom cover on instead of the stock bear claw. Is it really necessary to take it off if I'm just going to prop the tank up?

All I know is that the bars have been raised up and it is a MAJOR PITA to get to the Allen at the top of the tank. :mad:

Back