Lining/Sealing 2015 Rocket three Fuel Tank.

Shadowcat

.020 Over
Ride
2015 X edition Rocket 3
Hi to all,
Having removed the fuel pump assembly on my X model,I was really surprised how bad the fuel tank had faired over a period of time.This was due to some work I had to do on the bike.The inside of the tank now definitely needs a good course of treatment.My question is has anyone lined/sealed one of these tanks.I realise a tanks,a tank but has anybody treated a tank on this bike at such a young age.BTW it's a 2015 X edition.I don't really need the tank sealed merely something that will negate the return of further rust.

Haven't used on a Rocket but am a fan of Kreem tank kit, myself. Comes with an acid etcher that cleans tank up quite nicely. Then a rock solid kreem seal coat. Never had another issue.
Is that a 2 part epoxy and how easy did you find applying it.Need to do something on my tank definitely,the thing is there ard so many of these sealers out there.

This is supposed to be real good for removing rust, and cheap, too, I did a bit of research for relining a tank on my BMW. ( I'll get to it one of these days). It's basically a tub and toilet cleaner.

Screenshot_20230912_140755_Chrome.jpg

Do not try and seal a tank. There are only a few options diy and they all seem to be a random it dont work issue. Yiu can have the tank hot dipped internally as some have stated before with a rust remover. I prefer iron out.
Imo just clean it a bit and install an inline fuel filter and change it every oilc change.
I spend weeks looking into having a fuel tank ligned with epoxy and other methods and they all seem to be terrible at best.

Do not try and seal a tank. There are only a few options diy and they all seem to be a random it dont work issue. Yiu can have the tank hot dipped internally as some have stated before with a rust remover. I prefer iron out.
Imo just clean it a bit and install an inline fuel filter and change it every oilc change.
I spend weeks looking into having a fuel tank ligned with epoxy and other methods and they all seem to be terrible at best.
TBH that's the opinion I,m looking at.Why don't they just nickel plate tanks at point of manufacture.Its certainly annoying,especially when the original issue was something else.

This is supposed to be real good for removing rust, and cheap, too, I did a bit of research for relining a tank on my BMW. ( I'll get to it one of these days). It's basically a tub and toilet cleaner.

Screenshot_20230912_140755_Chrome.jpg
I like to use works toilet bowl cleaner with aluminum foil. It's not a cleaning technique by the way. Don't do it!

Back