Idle Stepper removal

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
Good evening all

Could someone pls tell after removing the idle stepper motor and setting the idle manually do you then reset the tps

With the idle being manually open the tps now sits at . 77 which makes sense now🙄 and sits at a solid idle which is nice😁.

I just reset the system then removed the offender and confined it to the airbox indefinitely

Question if you set the idle up to where the tps reads.77 and that worked good why would you have to remove the stepper motor?

Question if you set the idle up to where the tps reads.77 and that worked good why would you have to remove the stepper motor?
Hi well firstly I set all at 60 adjusted the stepper got it to 72 ran it for 12 min then removed the stepper, took up the slack for idle roughly were it was set on the map perfect, being inquisitive I foolishly wanted to have another peek after the removal and the tps was at 67 not 77 my appoligies, so that's what threw me, after abit of thought I presumed was right due to the manual throttle opening by then it was to late **** rookie, anyhow right or wrong after fitting the stepper back reset again to 60 the bike is solid nice idle and engine brake all the way, sometimes threats do work to be fair I do know my bike does suffer this sort of problem due to water ingress on long runs tho,

Back