Fresh Paint

There is a similar version available commercially but it’s incredibly expensive and I can’t recall who makes it at the moment.

As I remember it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $400.

So much cooler that you made it out of glass!

I saw the one for the M109 that was supposed to fit, but it was too pricy. I just built up a shelf off the inner side of the fender then squared it off with a power sander just deep enough to mount nice and flush. I went with the 10" run/turn/brake unit from Radiantz and it does the job just fine for about $65 and some work.

That's a real beaut!
giphy-1.gif

My '09 Classic was looking a bit tired so I figured it was time to freshen it up;

Got rid of the taillight and filled in the bucket, then finished it with fiberglass (while learning how to do fiberglass work). Got it invisible without using any body filler!
Ditched all the crap on the back to better show off the tire. :D
Moved the plate up onto the fender, with a custom 3d printed plate frame because curved plate frames don't exist for Alberta plates. Seems we're the only jurisdiction that uses this size. :banghead:
Custom fabricated a flush mount for LED integrated run/brake/turn light on the bottom edge of the rear fender out of fiberglass. (Since I've got the stuff figured out now.)
Got rid of the big ugly front turn signals and went to LED fork wraps. (As a bonus, they're visible from the sides and up to about 45° angle back.)
Media blasted the old paint off because sanding would have taken a year.
Tried to mod a set of Thruxton Napoleon bar-ends to get rid of the stock mirrors, but the bar pullback put them at too sharp an angle. Oh well.

Did a 15 stage paint job with a green/blue/purple/copper multichromatic paint as the primary colour and a copper inlay for the asymmetrical stripes.

Over all, not perfect but I'm pretty **** satisfied for not knowing what I was doing and doing the whole job in a makeshift booth I set up in the garage. :D

Clever stuff...have you your own paint booth?

I'm with everyone else, I'd love to see some pics with the lights, especially rear, in action. I was thinking of doing the same with my rear lights but have been stalling. Now, I'm really itching to get out to the garage and get it done!

Back