Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

so...plug the OBD link into the bike....place your tablet close to it...open the required map...make sure youre paired together by pushing the wee button on the OBD right?...it will flash and go to a steady light...on your tablet there is a 'connect' in the 'ECU' tab...once you think its connected...push the 'ECU' tab again and it should say 'REPROGRAMME'...push this and follow instructions... as a ps...i had a charger on the battery throughout and also the tablet on a charger...just in case.
I'll give it a try, really my only question now is how is tune ecu going to find the map on the tablet?

Ok, so I have everything connected it's reading the bike but I don't get a reprogram option. I think I have an issue with the map below it says the map must be stored in the tuneECU folder on the device. I can't designate where the map goes.
Screenshot_20211005-084106_Chrome.jpg

Do you have the instructions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-05 113230.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-05 113230.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2021-10-05 113257.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-05 113257.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 35
The ECU can just compensate in the closed loop area. This area is simply where you got 14.5 in the AFR-target table. If you change that to 13 or whatever, there is no more adjustment by the ECU. But as 14.5 is pretty lean and a richer mixture gives you a smoother running engine, you will also have to change AFR-targets in the map to keep the ECU from overruning your new F and L maps.
Hey Penner

Is there a tune repository somewhere where folks can upload a modified tune with notes as to what mods were done, so tunes can be shared?

Hey Penner

Is there a tune repository somewhere where folks can upload a modified tune with notes as to what mods were done, so tunes can be shared?
None that I know of. Except Tune ECU. But the 2.5 is still new and there might be some more costum maps in the future.

Not sure the problem is officially sorted, but yes I plan on updating the post. The tune load failed for some reason initially. My suspicion is the low voltage. But even running the recovery as many times as I did with the battery at appropriate levels didn’t rectify the issue until eventually there was a “full recovery” checkbox that I could check. That recovery process worked and got the bike back to Oem tune and everything working again.
Well it looks like I'm having the exact same issue you were. Tune failed several times as did the recovery. After coming back to this thread I got your "keep cancelling" to finaly work to do a full recovery but even that failed the first time. All other Bluetooth devices off, battery at 12.7 volts the whole time. I know you said it eventually worked but did you notice anything different?

Dang, you guys are scaring me. I want to download Penner's tune but need advise on fuzzy instructions. I am following the steps from the tuneecu site titled "common tasks", dated 16 Aug 21. There is no mention to make sure the map to download is located in tune ecu map folder but the map must be opened on screen. Steps seem easy, but what do we do after "turn ignition off for (5 sec) and back on again". Do we then turn the ignition back off, turn off and disconnect ECU and bluetooth, replace the fuse, then start the bike for 15 minutes?

Back