Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

I Was thinking of manually lowering lowering the DNK red line to maybe 7200 just to be a little extra safe but who knows what this engine can take I just don’t wanna push it too hard it’s not like an extra couple hundred Revs are really going to make much of a difference in daily riding etc. I do wonder if Max horsepower will be slightly increased at 7400
It probably wouldn't hurt, as you'd only be doing that in very short bursts. I'm fine with it lowered to 7000 because I rarely push it that hard and if I do it's a short burst in a lower gear and not that often does that happen.

Anybody with the DNK tune have a comment in raising rev limit to 7400? I have DNK but still breaking the bike in and not exceeding 6000 (I am really trying hard!!!) Do folks really think 7400 is bad for the non TFC bike? Why would DNK raise it to 7400 if it was going to kill bikes that would be super bad for business!!!
The TFC sports titanium inlet valves. The R and GT do not. Both the DNK and Penner tunes produce maximum power at around 6700 rpm, after which it drops off sharply. Meaning one should be in the next gear already before you touch the 7000 rpm limiter. So, there is no point in lifting it to 7400 rpm as DNK did.

177 rwhp.jpg

Rocket PS.jpg

The operator of the dyno shuts down the throttle at a determined rpm, that’s why the power drops off sharply. I’ve watched them tuning my bikes.

The operator of the dyno shuts down the throttle at a determined rpm, that’s why the power drops off sharply. I’ve watched them tuning my bikes.
So would it keep rising until whet RPM? When would the engine naturally stop making more power and flatten out?

It would flatten, which it appears to be doing on the chart.
Figured. Just didn’t know if there could be something else to explain the precipitous drop. Either fuel cutofff or operator shutting the throttle.

The rev limiter usually has two limits. First is the "soft cut" where power is reduced. The other is the "hard cut" where igntion and injection are completly shut off. I think that Alain found the hard cuts and that is what you see in Tune-ECU and my dyno graphs.
But as there is also the speed limiter coming in at this area, I am not 100% sure .

The rev limiter usually has two limits. First is the "soft cut" where power is reduced. The other is the "hard cut" where igntion and injection are completly shut off. I think that Alain found the hard cuts and that is what you see in Tune-ECU and my dyno graphs.
But as there is also the speed limiter coming in at this area, I am not 100% sure .
Is the chart run in 4th gear?

Back