Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

DNK's maps, for R and GT models, set the rev limit to 7400 rpm.

You might need to whisper that to DNK. Their maps for the R and GT set the rev limiter at 7400 rpm. I would imagine; nevertheless, that engines can safely exceed their (generally conservative) OEM limits by 5-6% without negatively impacting reliability as long as one does not overcook it, of course, or go there in neutral (under no load) to impress buddies at the local pub. I often hear inline-fours being bounced against the rev limiter, mostly immediately on startup. WTF - but I digress. If the R and GT can do 7400, then the TFC with its lighter valve train can conceivably do 7800 rpm.
Anybody with the DNK tune have a comment in raising rev limit to 7400? I have DNK but still breaking the bike in and not exceeding 6000 (I am really trying hard!!!) Do folks really think 7400 is bad for the non TFC bike? Why would DNK raise it to 7400 if it was going to kill bikes that would be super bad for business!!!

I had the DNK tune loaded and anytime I've hit rev limiter, I certainly wasn't looking at the TFT, but it didn't FEEL too or sound much different than hitting the limiter stock. Then again, if you're hitting the limiter you're likely focused elsewhere like on the road and not dying to something stupid.

I've since loaded the Penner tune.

I need it. I want it!! Gotta get it
Kinda in the same boat. I have a translogic on my thrux 1200 and do enjoy it, but for the amount I actually use it idk if the money is worth it. A nice to have for sure. Who knows, I’ll probably cave and get one lol

I had the DNK tune loaded and anytime I've hit rev limiter, I certainly wasn't looking at the TFT, but it didn't FEEL too or sound much different than hitting the limiter stock. Then again, if you're hitting the limiter you're likely focused elsewhere like on the road and not dying to something stupid.

Did you program the tune yourself via TuneECU or did you send it to them? If you programmed it yourself I'd think you could just look in the app and check the setting.

Kinda in the same boat. I have a translogic on my thrux 1200 and do enjoy it, but for the amount I actually use it idk if the money is worth it. A nice to have for sure. Who knows, I’ll probably cave and get one lol
Me too. Just emailed the service department told them to add it to my first service job. It’s just money!! And this bike is just a riot I think this will make it even more fun.

What are your thoughts DNK v Penner? I was going to load Penner to compare. What differences did you notice?

What are your thoughts DNK v Penner? I was going to load Penner to compare. What differences did you notice?
They feel the same to me but I don't have such a refined palette as some of you guys. Penners has a lower redline but I'm not that often hitting that redline.

DNK redline is 7400
Penners is 7000 as per the map settings

They feel the same to me but I don't have such a refined palette as some of you guys. Penners has a lower redline but I'm not that often hitting that redline.

DNK redline is 7400
Penners is 7000 as per the map settings
I Was thinking of manually lowering lowering the DNK red line to maybe 7200 just to be a little extra safe but who knows what this engine can take I just don’t wanna push it too hard it’s not like an extra couple hundred Revs are really going to make much of a difference in daily riding etc. I do wonder if Max horsepower will be slightly increased at 7400

Back