Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

Is there any parameters for enabling the DRL's if I buy the European switch cluster for my North America GT?
I tried it and couldn't make it work simply by changing out the switch cluster. The DRYL switch had no effect. My hamfisted examination of the wiring diagram left me with the impression that the ECU would have to be changed out. Hopefully better minds than mine have more insight or a better explanation. I'd love to have the DRL option.

That is awesome! Unfortunately for me, my experience with the DNK tune was quite the opposite of yours. But it was also a different tune, though; 31018 (all markets except SA and some others) as opposed to your 31019 (US and Canada). I am convinced they fumbled something on mine. When I started asking questions and suggested that they recheck and then send me the tune again, DNK only responded with snotty one-liner replies. When I objected to their replies' tone and suggested that we work together to sort it, they refunded me.

So, DougL suggested that I load Penner's tune - the subject of this thread. Again, the 31018 version in my case. My 4ss-dyno was finally very pleased with that, but I had earlier noticed a dip of sorts in the graphical displays of ETV3 and ETV2 - Penner might well have had good reason for those. I thought I would tweak them a bit to 'straighten things out' and, while I was there, decided to fiddle ETV3 some more even (-:

evt3.png

evt2.png

I loaded several iterations over the next couple of weeks, including two that overcooked things to the point of being completely hairy. This is my final 'improvised' version - the main difference lies in the 29-73% throttle position range. I ride with traction control enabled now and will still for a while. And even with that, it will easily break traction momentarily when engaging 2nd and 3rd, also exiting corners mind. I am convinced that it will power wheelie in first, but I have not got the b4lls for that just yet*. It maxes out against the hard speed limit on one of my favourite roads with an incline: both directions, uphill and downhill. The bike is simply wicked, for now anyway.

Give it a try by plugging in the numbers between, and including, the 29.4% and 91.2% columns and saving it to another filename. Load it at your own risk, of course. It should have the same effect on the 31019 DNK tune - exhilarating.

evt3 numbers.png

* I do not espouse to wheelying street bikes and especially not larger, heavier ones. But that is an entirely different discussion.
Can someone please explain what the bottom chart numbers mean? Example: At 6500 RPM, you have 29.4% throttle but the chart only allows 23.1%, is that right? Wouldn't it give the most acceleration to simply have 29.4% throttle matched to 29.4% throttle opening? Some numbers are above actual throttle and some are below. Makes no sense to me (but I'm a simpleton).

Penner, Tune went in smoothly and runs great. Thank you. Is there a Paypal account or something that we can at least make some sort of donation for your time
Thank you very much.
I am a tuner and writing maps for all kinds of bikes daily. These maps for stock engines are pretty simple to make, if you know what you are doing. It took me about two beers after work. :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much.
I am a tuner and writing maps for all kinds of bikes daily. These maps for stock engines are pretty simple to make, if you know what you are doing. It took me about two beers after work. :)
A giant ship engine failed. The ship’s owners tried one expert after another, but none of them could figure but how to fix the engine.

Then they brought in an old man who had been fixing ships since he was a young. He carried a large bag of tools with him, and when he arrived, he immediately went to work. He inspected the engine very carefully, top to bottom.

Two of the ship’s owners were there, watching this man, hoping he would know what to do. After looking things over, the old man reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer. He gently tapped something. Instantly, the engine lurched into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed!

A week later, the owners received a bill from the old man for ten thousand dollars.

“What?!” the owners exclaimed. “He hardly did anything!”

So they wrote the old man a note saying, “Please send us an itemized bill.

The man sent a bill that read:

Tapping with a hammer………………….. $ 2.00

Knowing where to tap…………………….. $ 9,998.00

Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort makes all the difference!

For the R3R, (USA-market) I think I’m might be confusing myself ? Is this Tune 2031019Map. what is being referred to as
Penner’s tune?
Sorry for asking this question? if it has been answered before……
Thanks.

For the R3R, (USA-market) I think I’m might be confusing myself ? Is this Tune 2031019Map. what is being referred to as
Penner’s tune?
Sorry for asking this question? if it has been answered before……
Thanks.
You can find the "tuned" map for the R3R (USA) in the "Triumph Custom Map List 3 & 4 cyl" page. The file you would need to download is "Rocket R USA Full Power 31019Map.zip"

The one you mentioned seems to be the "stock" map from the "Triumph 3&4 cyl map's" page (31019Map.zip)

I hope this helps!

Can anyone suggest the best current tune for a TFC with Comp Werkes? I read through the entire thread, and still not cleat if the standard map from Penner is the best way to go. Is there a plan for a TFC + Comp Werkes tune in the werkes?

Can anyone suggest the best current tune for a TFC with Comp Werkes? I read through the entire thread, and still not cleat if the standard map from Penner is the best way to go. Is there a plan for a TFC + Comp Werkes tune in the werkes?
The Penner standard map will work good with the TFC and Werkes exhaust.

Back