I have a fly screen on my R3R and it takes most of the wind off my chest, but it still hits my neck and head. Some have added a spacer to move the screen out a bit, which moves the airflow up a bit. I have ridden @R3Tex 's R3R with this setup, and it does move the wind above my head.

I have a fly screen on my R3R and it takes most of the wind off my chest, but it still hits my neck and head. Some have added a spacer to move the screen out a bit, which moves the airflow up a bit. I have ridden @R3Tex 's R3R with this setup, and it does move the wind above my head.

Hmmmm. How tall are you Steel?

Hmmm. be interested to know how much spacer he used - I sure like the look of the flyscreen vs w/s :thumbsup:

@R3Tex - Could you please provide some info on your setup? :ninja:

Hmmm. be interested to know how much spacer he used - I sure like the look of the flyscreen vs w/s :thumbsup:

@R3Tex - Could you please provide some info on your setup? :ninja:

Basically I just used "barrel Nuts" or "Coupling Nuts" if you prefer. I used these McMaster-Carr and some stainless bolts with nylon washers. You can sort of see it here 20130319 190712 resized

Which flyscreens do y'all have? I am looking for one but haven't found the purchase source for my Roadster. Links or links to links would be greatly appreciated!

JD

Note FYI only -
Your height has very little to do with properly fitting a shield.
Tis your seated eye height that dictates the appropriate shield height.
Sit in a hard bottomed chair and measure from the seat (at your ******) to your eyes at level.
When seated on your motor, sight down along the top of your shield to the road in front.
This distance should be about 30 feet in front of your front wheel.

I have a collection of windshields that will never see me bike again since I installed the flyscreen. I am 6'2" and the flyscreen removes the wind from my chest, I can feel it just below my helmet. Because of massive road debris and bugs I always wear a full face helmet and never have a buffeting problem. I spend 2 weeks in South Dakota every year and I don't wear a helmet at all and I still have no issues. In my experience my 3 different sized windshields all buffeted, blew wind up my nose or inflated my shirt like a balloon. I had 2 different sets of lowers as well, all sitting in boxes collecting dust. A bonus is nothing looks better than the flyscreen either.

Back