First Ride, Carpenter 265 kit

He has the strap on top, but if I recall correctly he also had a strap from that to the bottom somewhere.
Yes 20 hp on a motorcycle makes a difference. :D

With inspiration from Crooked Hillary,
"What difference at this point (of horsepower) does it make?"

With inspiration from Crooked Hillary,
"What difference at this point (of horsepower) does it make?"
A difference of .24 seconds in a 1/4 mile.
Maybe it's just me, but after spending my money to get a performance upgrade, I'm going to use the components the kit calls for so I can get every single pony possible.

I've known guys with a more popular cruiser brand spend just as much just to gain 20 hp. I can't see just throwing out 20 like it's stale bread.

Just curious with shipping and install how much did it set you back..??:unsure:
Shipping from South Louisiana to New Jersey was $350, 265 hp kit is $10,400. Plane ticket from New Orleans to Philly was $211. Gas going home I don't remember, but I did average 37.5 mpg. Taking 5 days to ride home through the mountains, and back roads, Priceless. :D

Shipping from South Louisiana to New Jersey was $350, 265 hp kit is $10,400. Plane ticket from New Orleans to Philly was $211. Gas going home I don't remember, but I did average 37.5 mpg. Taking 5 days to ride home through the mountains, and back roads, Priceless. :D
So do you keep breaking the motor so you can ride thru the mountains :)

The total cost was something like $1000 shipped both directions, ~$9000 parts and labor, I omitted the exhaust this less price.

Regarding tune, Bob did a PC-V tune on top of my TuneECU custom 8,000 RPM map. I have complete access to the config, but’s it’s perfect as is so far so no intent to touch it :)

I should say, it doesn't become any harder to control than stock. Still a very easy bike to ride with smooth and easily modulated throttle response, there's just a lot there when you roll it all the way open.
Both you and Steel are as bad drug dealers, extolling the potencies of their products.:roll:

The total cost was something like $1000 shipped both directions, ~$9000 parts and labor, I omitted the exhaust this less price.

It's funny how after you get used to the speed of the Rocket III it's still not enough. I guess speed is addicting. I almost went that route twice once with the screaming eagle for the RK and thinking about the carpenter. In 2008 I was in the right place at the right time when a guy was selling his Busa after he almost killed himself on the bike. I picked it up for $8000.00. Ride Safe...
;):thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2008-Suzuki-Hayabusa-Motorcycle--Motorcycle-200478290-752001cad629d6efc5271c83d26bd67e.jpg
    2008-Suzuki-Hayabusa-Motorcycle--Motorcycle-200478290-752001cad629d6efc5271c83d26bd67e.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back