First Ride, Carpenter 265 kit

Haha, awesome, ain't it? I "only" have the 240 kit, but I had the bike weeks I bet till I actually wound it out, with the Touring not having a tach, and the stock redline 5200 or whatever, it's hard to believe how it pulls harder and harder. My buddy who rode it stock finally agreed to try it now, took it to I bet not much over 5000 or so, said holy cow, I told him you weren't even entering the power band yet, don't worry, it has a rev limiter, you won't hurt it. He's the only one that has even tried it in the 3 or 4 years since I added the Carpenter kit, the rest of my friends are Harley guys, scared to death of it, won't even sit on it, LOL.

What I was wanting to see was the pipe and the air cleaner system. That does not look like what i saw on the other carpenter builds, is that not their pipe? I thought they use the K/N air stack filter system? I am very confused can you elaborate on the components of your build?

I have dreamed of getting the Carpenter upgrade but I may ride stage one till I can get some more play money. The daughters wedding is draining that fund type pretty hard. A lot of my dreams have come true so i am not counting it out.

BTW the new stage four 116 kit for my Indian CDH is eating a chunk out of the play money too.

Last edited:
The exhaust is a CES header mated to a Yoshimura R-55 made for a Hyabusa, it has a 2.25 ID all the way through, it's the only R-55 that doesn't neck down internally.

The intake is a Pipercross 600 series filter mated to a modified backplate, fitted to velocity stacks. I need to redo the stacks to remove small error in them, but I like it more than the K&N stuff. I had K&N 1770s at one point.... one fell off on the freeway. I may go to the bigger RX-4040(something something) setup, but I'll find a way to attach them not counting on the hose clamp to secure them this time lol.

Tax season.... :). Ordering it raw, fitting, welding into two pieces, and getting coated black.
If you think you have power now, wait until you have the right exhaust on it. :D

As for the RX4040s mine stay on just fine. If you want extra security talk to @HansO about how he added the extra strap to hold his in place.

Yeah that strap on the top is how I'm probably going to go about it and add a tab to bolt it to the bear claw anchor point to ensure its actually held to the bike with a solid anchor.

Its only 20hp difference with the sidewinder, but, definitely a difference :p

Don't be overly alarmed if it spits a bit of flame out the back as the Carp pipes are quite effective at scavenging and eliminating any remnant gases!:eek::D

Of course, adding the relatively new baffle and end cap Bob's made available will eliminate that effect.;)

Yeah that strap on the top is how I'm probably going to go about it and add a tab to bolt it to the bear claw anchor point to ensure its actually held to the bike with a solid anchor.

Its only 20hp difference with the sidewinder, but, definitely a difference :p
He has the strap on top, but if I recall correctly he also had a strap from that to the bottom somewhere.

Yes 20 hp on a motorcycle makes a difference. :D

Back