First Ride, Carpenter 265 kit

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
warmed up to 47f here today and the roads were 1/2 dry but still damp in patches, figured it was good enough for a shake down ride to make sure everything’s working as intended.

Stream of thought as I’m out riding goes something like this:

Ooh that’s torque, that’s a lot of torque.

Back brake not working... ok no biggy will use fronts.

Roll around slow at first, haven’t ridden in 6 months so need a few minutes to recalibrate my brain from my cage.

10 minutes later... yep, I remember this!!

So the bike runs strong, real strong, low rpm high rpm, everywhere it’s got fantastic response and torque.

It likes to rev!! It’s smoother mid range than before, less vibration but a little more low rpm.

OH look a dry empty spot lets give her some head (devil on shoulder chuckling wildly) lean forward, wack it open in 2nd gear at 3k....

HOooooLy shiiiit Batman were ****ing moving!!! Abort abort!! Backed off at what I think was like 7k.

Overall it’s just stronger, everywhere. Haven’t even flirted with full power at redline in the higher gears or 1st, just the brief blast in 2nd, **** me, it’s so fast lol. So ****ed happy (despite having to fix my back brake now). The engine revs much more freely, and easier, it’s a quicker to power on after shifting just everything is exactly how I want it. The tune is fantastic, as expected.

ALL that to say: if your even on the fence about a Carp kit, just do it, don’t hesitate, don’t rationalize why you don’t need it, just do it, it’s SO MUCH FUN. Nothing will feel the same again :(

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to add, Eddy’s transmission work was FLAWLESS. When the bike was new it didn’t feel this good, and the undercut gears are Win Win Win!!

A gentle flick of the toe and it snaps right into gear with authority, I can be very nice and it shifts like butter, like the Daytona 675 smoothness.

It's so weird having a motor that just pulls harder and harder the more you rev it and never lets up, its so counterpoint to my car which is all torque all the time and dies above 5500.

I can now accept that Ill never have to buy another motorcycle again, my lust for anything else is completely gone, don't even give a **** whats out there, doesn't matter anymore ahhaha.

Wow that’s a lot of ***************s in a post. Sometimes certain words are just needed.;)

How’s the torque from 2000-3000? Is that the $10k kit?

Literally it's better everywhere, from the bottom to the top, more torque. Don't believe the rational of "Biggger cam = less torque" its a fallacy, the 4.5+ points more of compression make up for it and then some.

I'm all smiles ear to ear, like when I first got my bike back in 2014, love this feeling!

EDIT: That dip in torque you see on the dyno plot on all the 265 kits, you cant even feel it, it feels 100% linear bottom to top.

Post up some pics showing us both sides of the bike please.

Asked for and answered. Haven’t washed her since the return, still need to take a day and go through the bike to fix brakes and some other little “out of adjustment” odds and ends that no one but me will notice lol:
F2A8FE34-FBFA-429A-BDCB-FD407C798F5F.jpeg
F106D93F-E854-4D99-A85A-9AD74CA41873.jpeg
BCC49F7F-F2B2-4815-9FCC-F623D8D68E53.jpeg
95C0F5E7-9FE6-4B6C-B4D9-04D57A19467E.jpeg

Back