Finnish painting

Thanks RevRoss your for kind words means alot :) looking way way on the different spoilers I made and radiator covers and side covers and wind deflector untill I finally came to this look, and finnaly found a metal guy that wanted to take my project on and was very good, it took long because he was retired and work on his last car, totally worth the wait:)
Was out yesterday Harley guys all over it and one guy said I should send pictures to Triumph head office that they might be interested to copy my design:) and another said wow is that the new improved Boss Hoss lol made my day:) need to bring back in winter because he didn't paint my front grills he left raw alluminum,
So thinking of putting this cobra on front winddeflecter, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• s-l1000[1].jpg
    s-l1000[1].jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 15
This is what it looks like when tank is up need to take off left side cover because I got the big K&N filters on it .just don't have bottom covers on yet I'll put them on tomorrow. Got a chance to go riding with frosty had a great time.:)

Attachments

• PXL_20210511_143308475.jpg
    PXL_20210511_143308475.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20210511_143150442.jpg
    PXL_20210511_143150442.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20210511_143136413.jpg
    PXL_20210511_143136413.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 36
  • PXL_20210508_170134767.jpg
    PXL_20210508_170134767.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 37
Ok who wants to laugh at me here's your chance.
The reason my gas gauge was not working I had the float in backwards towards driver:)
So I turned it facing front and gas gauge works:)
But fill it up and gauge gauge only goes to 3/4 filled.
Is it because float is bent too much?
Or do I need to bend more?
Or is it bent too much?
I thought that was the reason my gas was drippy out of my two over flow tubs on bottom of bike,
But they are still dripping I can't figure out why.
What are the reasons why gas can be dripping out of the two over flows tubs on bottom of bike?
Here's some pictures by the water.

Attachments

• PXL_20210616_190840702.jpg
    PXL_20210616_190840702.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20210616_190828296.jpg
    PXL_20210616_190828296.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20210616_190816465.jpg
    PXL_20210616_190816465.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 33
Ok who wants to laugh at me here's your chance.
The reason my gas gauge was not working I had the float in backwards towards driver:)
So I turned it facing front and gas gauge works:)
But fill it up and gauge gauge only goes to 3/4 filled.
Is it because float is bent too much?
Or do I need to bend more?
Or is it bent too much?
I thought that was the reason my gas was drippy out of my two over flow tubs on bottom of bike,
But they are still dripping I can't figure out why.
What are the reasons why gas can be dripping out of the two over flows tubs on bottom of bike?
Here's some pictures by the water.
I think you need to bend it a bit more so that the gas raises the float a little more. Gas float should not impact overflow dripping, are you filling past the splash plate, fuel might be heating up in the sun, expanding and the creating the drip.

You have expanded the inside volume of your customized tank with an extra gallon or two. Depending on the new shape and location of the extra tank space volume it is very unlikely ANY adjustment will EVER give you accurate readings.

You have NO chance or hope of tuning the float angle better to give you accuracy.
IF you can adjust the float to indicate the tank is full it is still likely to give VERY inaccurate calibration of the level as it drops. You are best advised to use it JUST to indicate you are getting lower, the reserve light function should still work but you may still have half a tank left.

Think of a cross section view of the tank. If the extra volume bulges are located higher or lower will make the float height level less indicative of actual fuel volume.

I presume the float height is simply directly proportional to gauge indication with out any compensation for actual different volumes remaining at different float heights. This is confirmed by the stock tanks fuel gauge needle dropping quickly in the first 80 Km (50 mile). As the widest middle section of the tank level has more fuel the float and gauge needle drop much slower for the same distance travelled but the actual fuel consumption remains fairly constant.

Yeah I do notice gas gauge drops fast
Hopefully if I bend, it will read full and still when empty I'll most likely have lots of gas left . One day I'll get brave enough and just drive it Untill I run out of gas lol the other day I went 200 miles and seemed I still had gas my guess 250 or more I should go .
I remember even my stock gas tank said empty and gas light on I had at least a gallon left.
Some bikes don't even have a gas gauge so I guess it's not bad most bikes gas gauge is not accurate anyhow. The right side of gas tank was cut out and just made a little bigger, I wanted gas tank bigger but he thought being a small guy the handling of upper weight might be hard for me but I don't feel it at all so I could have went bigger. Gurrr

No I'm filing up just below gas plate like I have always done, the weird thing is last year towards the end of summer I drove it around in just the primer for about six weeks and the gas flow never dripped for all that time then I get it painted that's the only change and now slowly tinny drips.
I just don't understand why . Same bike just painted.

No I'm filing up just below gas plate like I have always done, the weird thing is last year towards the end of summer I drove it around in just the primer for about six weeks and the gas flow never dripped for all that time then I get it painted that's the only change and now slowly tinny drips.
I just don't understand why . Same bike just pulled apart, painted, and put back together.
Fitting, fitting, fitting......... cracked, split or holed, fuel or tank overflow/vent/vacuum line. Check especially the tube ends and that they do not detach when refitting the tank. For the Californian spec Rockets with fuel vapor charcoal capture under LH side cover there are more lines to fuel tank. Not sure what you have on Canadian versions as all that is left off Aussie and UK versions.

If it drips, the source should be found by following damp. Remember the drip point is not always the source, just the lowest point of bike below the leak.

Back