Pete, thanks for the link, that may have been what someone linked to with what I saw earlier, about as pricey as my beetle bags but the color match would be about the same. Maybe the 2011 model of the R3T will come out with a red/black paint offering?

In addition they (Corbin) gave me a 10% discount for working in the war zone...thought that was mighty nice of them (this was on the beetle bags).

Dennis

86 dtg Kuwait
87 dtg Home

Fairing for Rocket III Touring (R3T)

According to Corbin, they apparently think their Fleetliner Fairing will work with the Triumph OEM 4.5" aux lamps. I had to straighten out their rep (via email) Sergio that the aux lamps he referenced was for the non Touring model.

I also inquired about a Hoppe Quadzilla fairing. They too said their fairing doesn't work with the OEM Triumph aux lamps.

I'm perplexed if anyone makes a fairing that does work on the R3T with Triumph OEM 4.5" aux lamps?
www.wideopencustom.com Assembly and paint required.

Fairing for Rocket III Touring (R3T)

According to Corbin, they apparently think their Fleetliner Fairing will work with the Triumph OEM 4.5" aux lamps. I had to straighten out their rep (via email) Sergio that the aux lamps he referenced was for the non Touring model.

I also inquired about a Hoppe Quadzilla fairing. They too said their fairing doesn't work with the OEM Triumph aux lamps.

I'm perplexed if anyone makes a fairing that does work on the R3T with Triumph OEM 4.5" aux lamps?
I am using the Tsukayu fairing on my 14 Touring. I did rotate the brackets that hold the Aux lamps

Attachments

• DSC01398.JPG
    DSC01398.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 5
I found that an aftermarket fairing for a road king works great for the R3T. I just took their brackets and copied the geometry for the the top end, then extended them to match up with the posts already on the R3T's forks. Took some elbow grease, but I wanted to hard mount the whole thing anyway. Not a difficult project, and it looks pretty clean. The advantage of using a road king fairing is that they do not have the 'under-fairing' chunk that sits below the head lamp. I didn't care for how that looked, and I didn't want to mess with taking the **** thing off. No interference with my stock fog lamps.

Attachments

• BikePhotoVAtrip.jpeg
    BikePhotoVAtrip.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FullBikeShot.jpg
    FullBikeShot.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 4
I am using the Tsukayu fairing on my 14 Touring. I did rotate the brackets that hold the Aux lamps
Hey there Jake. I was just perusing your fairing again..and I'm wondering about how you mounted those lowers. They look like the type that come stock on the R3t windscreen. Were they part of the bracketry from Tsukayu? Or did you swap out your brackets? On my W.O., I've just got those flip down wings. I don't like them and they're not good for much. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks. Mike.

Hey there Jake. I was just perusing your fairing again..and I'm wondering about how you mounted those lowers. They look like the type that come stock on the R3t windscreen. Were they part of the bracketry from Tsukayu? Or did you swap out your brackets? On my W.O., I've just got those flip down wings. I don't like them and they're not good for much. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks. Mike.
Hi, they are the stock lowers. I made brackets from alum angle. Just a case of cutting to length & drilling holes.

Back