captaingadget

.020 Over
Fairing for Rocket III Touring (R3T)

According to Corbin, they apparently think their Fleetliner Fairing will work with the Triumph OEM 4.5" aux lamps. I had to straighten out their rep (via email) Sergio that the aux lamps he referenced was for the non Touring model.

I also inquired about a Hoppe Quadzilla fairing. They too said their fairing doesn't work with the OEM Triumph aux lamps.

I'm perplexed if anyone makes a fairing that does work on the R3T with Triumph OEM 4.5" aux lamps?

Last edited:
I just looked at his pictures and he isn't whistling Dixie. I did not realize that Corbin made a separate fairing for the R3T as the last time I looked at them (back in 07) they only had the one for the twin headlight setup.

I'm not that big a fan of the styling of it....but....it looks like it is functional, and because of the location of the ignition switch on the R3T it appears that it would be a lot more acessible. It also looks like it would provide pretty good cold protection for the hands. Good color...probably what I'll be getting with the ABS.

Dennis

89 dtg Kuwait
90 dtg Home

Molinoman, I'm planning to convert a HD Electra fairing, found a company in Sweden who make them in carbon fibre, price about $500. Can't be that hard to get it to fit, and get a suitable headlight

The Corbin Fleetliner fairing WILL work with the Triumph OEM aux lights on the R3T. Pics in my profile.

How does the Corbin compare to the stock shield for wind protection? Do you notice the increased airflow from the bottom since you no longer have the lowers? And, do you look through or over the screen?

Thanks

Molinoman - the fairing could certainly do without that "rib" down the center. It doesn't seem to belong.

GPMAZ - I'm 5'11" and sitting straight (like your mom tells you to), I do get a little wind at about eye level. But, it doesn't get bad til around 85-90 mph. I did opt for the 10" screen when I bought the fairing, which probably places the top of this shield and the OEM shield at about the same height. I look over the screen by 3-4 inches. I can't tell any difference as far as the lowers are concerned. I'm comfortable riding in 30 degree weather and my hands (with gloves) do not get unbearably cold. Overall, quality construction with a poor paint job. Good color match, but I've had it less than a year and the paint is beginning to peel badly just below the shield. I hope to have the trunk painted soon and may have the fairing repainted at that time.

rbickford - The trunk is a Scootworks Supertrunk with their rebranded Mustang backrest. It's pretty much a copy of the Harley Tour Pak (minus lighting). Easily holds two full face helmets with plenty of room left over.

Ride safe,
db

Does anyone remember who has the Rocket with the Corbin Fleetliner trunk, wouldn't mind seeing what the interior of the trunk looks like. I remember seeing a recent picture of it but can't remember who had it, the trunk looked pretty big on the Rocket.

Dennis

87 dtg Kuwait
88 dtg Home

Thanks for the link to the site. Now if only the Rocket owner would come forward with the pic to his bike using the same trunk...I thought it was done in a black/red combination.

Dennis

87 dtg Kuwait
88 dtg Home

Back