Busy today cleaning parts. :p:p:p:p For the life of me can not reinstall a dirty part no matter if it can be seen or not. Raining out anyhow.

I hear your pain, Amigo.
I just spent three hours cleaning up my wheels.
NOTE: The ticket is quadruple ought steel wool with bug cleaner then a drill polisher and Flitz!

Must be nice to be smart. Where not that bright. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: after the fix kind of realized that the silicon was properly not required. Even so no leaks and happy with that.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:
Would like to take the credit for being smart(first for everything) but I remembered someone a while ago had the same problem so I kept an eye on it and sure enough the acorn nuts would not work.

Would like to take the credit for being smart(first for everything) but I remembered someone a while ago had the same problem so I kept an eye on it and sure enough the acorn nuts would not work.
I use mutiple gaskets. Had problems with the acorn nuts until I put lock washers under them.

That is what i thought at first. That the acorn nuts had backed out but that was not the case. Triumph uses a lot of silicon on the stock pipes. Can only guess that is to make up for the difference. Either way have not had any leaks since.

I just ordered some washers and flange nuts. I'll put in the old gaskets, some more goop and the washers/nuts... that **** won't leak when I am done.

Back