WyldCFH

Drop a Gear and Disappear!
Ride
'20 Ducati Panigale V4 S
So, I installed my Viking header, among other things, today. Unfortunately, each exhaust port has a leak.
I used new gaskets and a small amount of sealant in each port.

Has anyone used 2 gaskets per exhaust port? Results?

Or should I just go ahead and put a thicker ring of sealant. I did notice, from Triumph, there was a decent amount of silicone in each.

Other things installed today... Progressive 444, Screaming Banshee Shockwave horn(new thread coming for this) front crash bars, relocated the @DEcosse wireless box to the old airbox

A problem that others have had in the past is that they have fitted the pipe to the head and allowed it to "Roll" out/downwards then have tightened the nuts.
You need to ensure that the face's of the header are sitting flat against the head by "rocking" it until you can feel it is sitting flat, then tighten all nuts evenly.

Yea' Triumph seams to use a tube of silicone on each port.

Interestingly, I've just had a previous Customer come back to me saying that he had a minor issue of leaking.
He put an extra washer under the acorn nuts that hold the header in place, this solved the problem.

I have to admit that when I did the development of this header, that I simply duplicated the stock pipe at this point (Dimension wise).
I may have to space the flange out a little more from the oval to round transition piece.
Maybe this is why Triumph uses a lot of goop in the ports.

I is that customer. Might as well get it out there. Had a problem with Exhaust leaking and found a easy fix. While in Leaky Texas Breeze made a comment that my exhaust had leaks sure enough he was right it did. Got home and tried the double gasket trick which did not work. When i removed the exhaust I noticed that the stock acorn nuts had bottomed out. So got to thinking about it and got brave. Real brave it could have proved to have been a disaster but did not. Went back in this time with High temp silicon and applied a liberal amount around engine exhaust ports,then we installed a new gasket and applied even more silicon. Realizing that the acorn nuts had bottomed out pretty much knew we were getting a false torque reading while installing the pipes. So this time we installed two flat washers and then the acorn nut. IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0460.JPG Followed torque sequence as prescribed in service manual to the letter. Was very nervous in doing so just waiting for that infamous crack noise of aluminium being under to much stress. Did not happen. Instead the pipes seated up nicely. That was 15,000 miles ago. Have soaped checked the pipes several times since then and found no leaks. Pipes ran a lot cooler after this easy fix.Did get to thinking about it today and deeper set acorn nuts would do the same. Either way love the exhaust system. The sound and low end performance (under 120 mph) is fantastic. Leg clearance even while wearing a cold weather suit is not a problem. No need for a heat shield. Even my Harley buddies:eek::eek::eek::eek: are a bit taken back by the sound when i hit it. During a toy run last year had Mr Harley pull up beside me and rev his engine. I went ahead and pulled the clutch and revved mine. Dropped the clutch and rode off on back wheel. Looked in rear view mirror and Mr Harley was grinning from ear to ear with a big thumbs up. Gee i wonder why the clutch went south with only 38.000 miles.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: If i had it to do all over again would still buy and install Paul's system. Solid system and very happy with it. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

So, I installed my Viking header, among other things, today. Unfortunately, each exhaust port has a leak.
I used new gaskets and a small amount of sealant in each port.
Has anyone used 2 gaskets per exhaust port? Results?
Or should I just go ahead and put a thicker ring of sealant. I did notice, from Triumph, there was a decent amount of silicone in each.
Other things installed today... Progressive 444, Screaming Banshee Shockwave horn(new thread coming for this) front crash bars, relocated the @DEcosse wireless box to the old airbox

A busy beaver you be, Amigo!
Me reckons we all have the spring, "I just wanna ride baby, ride!" fever?! :D :thumbsup:

Must be nice to be smart. Where not that bright. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: after the fix kind of realized that the silicon was properly not required. Even so no leaks and happy with that.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Last edited:
Back