Electrical concerens

Whylee

.060 Over
Ride
Harley Roadking
Looking at buying a new GT in a week or so. After working at Land Rover / Jaguar for a couple years a few years back, with BMW dealer and Mer Benz on both sides of us, I was astonsihed by the electrical issues from these vehicles.
I would bet at least 40 percent of our vehicles had a issue within 25 miles.
So now im reading about so many electrical problems on the R3 that some are having, and it does concern me somewhat.
It always seemed like the vehicles from europe had more electronics, but they lacked the tech to make it reliable.
I really want a R3 GT, just do not want to deal with issues on a 24k bike.
Am I justified in being concerned reading about these issues?
Not just what I have seen here either, seems like other forums have alot of talk on electrical issues.
Some of the issues do not get resolved quickly or at all as of yet.

After reading your posts you seem very conflicted about the newer Rockets and reliability. Some on here have not had any issues and others such as myself have had issues. If I didn't love the bike as much as I do I would be looking at the Indian line up. The Rocket is a fantastic machine although in my case it has spent a little too much time at the dealers. I go in next week for my $453.00 one year oil change because the irritating wrench/spanner on my cluster told me so. I will have them tighten down the front left blinker that has become loose and I can't seem to tighten it myself. The lower radiator/oil cowl is loose on the left side and I can't clip it in so they need to fix that also. I will talk to them again about the stalling issue. It stalls on an average every 500 miles or so but it would be nice if it was fixed. The gas tank issue was taken care of 11 months ago by the dealer under warranty so that's cool. I shouldn't have had these issues on a brand new Bike but some like Dr. D has 40K on his bike with zero problems. I do have new Panniers the dealer replaced so that's a plus. If I had to do it all over again I would still get a Rocket but I would hope to get a reliable one like Dr. D has. Now that said every time I get on the Rocket it's like the first time. Meaning it's exciting and brings a smile to my face. It's a rush that no other bike has given me. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply, l know all brands have their issues. I have been dealing with Harleys for the past 15 years, and they have plenty of nit pic problems.
With that said, Im looking forward to owning a R3, these bikes just draw me in, just seems I read about alot of electrical gremlins. I know the internet brings more of the problems and not as much of the people with no issues so im just wondering if its as much a problem as we read about.

I've had mine less than two weeks and already seeing all kinds of gremlins. Loose corroded battery terminals, key FOB alarms, ABS alarms, spongy rear brake at just over 300 miles. I'm not sure if I spent $24,000 on the right one. I like it but not trusting it.

I've had mine less than two weeks and already seeing all kinds of gremlins. Loose corroded battery terminals, key FOB alarms, ABS alarms, spongy rear brake at just over 300 miles. I'm not sure if I spent $24,000 on the right one. I like it but not trusting it.
This is the kind of issues that concern me. I know there is a warranty to handle this sort of thing, just dont want the hassle of dealing with it since its about 50 miles to get it there.

Back