Alright, that is helpful information. Hopefully someone will be along who can make better sense of the symptoms than me.

Hang in there.

I'd be currious if something got changed in your phone setting. Or the program in the phone. Possibly in a update or something like that. I also wonder if you have just had a failed down load and need to recover from failed down load. Keeping in mind I'm a dummy with the phone stuff.

Last edited:
I also wonder if you have just had a failed down load and meed to recover from failed down load.
I was wondering the same thing - been through most of this circuit in PM exchanges and the ignition circuit itself seems solid
Availability of an ECU from an associate would be handy here ...........

I'd be currious if something got changed in your phone setting. Or the program in the phone. Possibly in a update or something like that. I also wonder if you have just had a failed down load and meed to recover from failed down load. Keeping in mind I'm a dummy with the phone stuff.

i also tried connecting it through a laptop but to no avail. it just went dead all of a sudden without touching anything on the bike or even on tune ecu. i would love to try using another rocket 3 ecu but i dont know anyone that has the same bike in my country, no dealership as well. my best solution is to order a new one from states and ship it here, but what if ecu is not the problem. lol.

i also tried connecting it through a laptop but to no avail. it just went dead all of a sudden without touching anything on the bike or even on tune ecu. i would love to try using another rocket 3 ecu but i dont know anyone that has the same bike in my country, no dealership as well. my best solution is to order a new one from states and ship it here, but what if ecu is not the problem. lol.
I would go with a used ecu if I was going to go that route. When you hook to the laptop is it the same cable as the phone? And what comes up on the screen? A window saying it cannot connect? Or are you just not getting the green tps light? If its just the light you should go to the test page and double click the fan test and see if it comes on. If it does you are linked up even if the light is not green. If this is the case then try the fuel pump test. I know you were having gaugs problems but I can not confirm if the bikte will run without the gauges. Have you gone thru every fuse with a multimeter and verified voltage on both sides? Just thinking out loud here.

yep same cable, no green tps light, it says cannot connect, try turning the key on and off thing, so all options are blocked out on the tune ecu as if nothing is connected. i already checked fuses and relays, all are ok.
is there a ground or earth pin on the ecu that i can check?

yep same cable, no green tps light, it says cannot connect, try turning the key on and off thing, so all options are blocked out on the tune ecu as if nothing is connected. i already checked fuses and relays, all are ok.
is there a ground or earth pin on the ecu that i can check?

Maybe he is missing the software that let's the PC see the cable. I have to load it every time I use TuneECU

Maybe he is missing the software that let's the PC see the cable. I have to load it every time I use TuneECU

even on android it wont connect to the ecu, it used to connect just fine before i had the problem. it just seems the ecu isnt powering up, thats why tune ecu wont detect it.

I'm reminded of the adage, check the easy things first.

One time long ago, with a 1971 Jaguar E-Type Series III, I replaced the starter twice, before realizing it was the $12 relay.

Rick has a point. When you hook the cable to the laptop do you here the dedonk sound of it recognizing the cable? And is the laptop set to USB for the cable communications.

Back