heil_7134

.020 Over
Ride
06 rocket 3 classic
so i was working with my bike, 06 classic few days ago and suddenly tune ecu wont detect the ecm, i tried turning the key off and on and kill switch to run and theres the usual gauge sweep but i noticed the fuel pump didnt prime, the stepper motor and secondary didnt move, when i pressed starter nothing happened. theres a check engine light and the oil pressure light on the panel, theres no way i can check the error code since tuneecu wont recognize the ecm. i already did the ignition switch fix few months ago and already did the headlight relay mod so ignition switch problem might be out of the equation.
i already checked the alarm bypass connector and found out that only pins 2,4 and 6 has 12v.
also my speedometer quit working a while back but the tachometer is still working, itll only sweeps after i start the bike, but this time since the problem started, the tachometer sweeps right after i turn the killswitch to on. relays on the left side of the seat has been swapped to eliminate relay problems, still no positive outcome, battery is in tiptop condition and always been on battery tender while working on the bike.

I know you don't want to hear this but didn't this particular problem start after you swapped relays? I'm not sure if they are all the same, but you're not the only person who has had problems after swapping relays. Or could it be your homade headlight relay set up wrong? Someone like @DEcosse might have that answer.

seems like a lot of guys has missed this thread.
i think that first u need to make sure of your battery
put volt meter across the bat and read volts while running your checks>
the obd connector has a positive and negative terminal and low volts u would have a problem.
i would also check volts at the fuses.
i think that the voltage at the alarm connector is correct with the loop installed it should power up the bike.

Not being argumentative, but how do you know the battery is in tiptop shape? Just because it's been on a battery tender doesn't mean it's necessarily good. Especially if it happened after you were working on it for awhile. The ECM is especially finicky about voltage/current from the battery. If it gets below a certain point, it quits communicating properly and you get those same symptoms. Sometimes needles will sweep, sometimes even the fuel pump will prime, but push the button and nothing happens. I would either charge the battery for awhile without touching it, or even better find another battery, even from a car to see if it'll start.

TURBO200R4 beat me to it.
Also, don't freak if you get a check engine light after you do get it working. Failed starts will illuminate the light. You can either clear it with Tune ECU or wait a few start/shutdown cycles (3 I think?) and it'll clear itself

on your bike do u have the alarm or the loop connector?

Not being argumentative, but how do you know the battery is in tiptop shape? Just because it's been on a battery tender doesn't mean it's necessarily good. Especially if it happened after you were working on it for awhile. The ECM is especially finicky about voltage/current from the battery. If it gets below a certain point, it quits communicating properly and you get those same symptoms. Sometimes needles will sweep, sometimes even the fuel pump will prime, but push the button and nothing happens. I would either charge the battery for awhile without touching it, or even better find another battery, even from a car to see if it'll start.

Right; most recently my 07 R3 started having problems starting as well as misfiring. I had a battery in it which survive almost total discharge after I forgot to turn the ignition off one day. Charger says the battery is good, recharged to perfection but no. Only a brand spanking new battery solved the lazy starting issue and looks like the misfiring issue to.

My little MKX is like that too. Old weak battery suddenly causing all sorts of electrical gremlins with the air conditioning and heating systems. New battery, a rebot of the ECM at the dealer and the little old thing is back to perfect.

I know you don't want to hear this but didn't this particular problem start after you swapped relays? I'm not sure if they are all the same, but you're not the only person who has had problems after swapping relays. Or could it be your homade headlight relay set up wrong? Someone like @DEcosse might have that answer.

i swapped the relays after the problem started, i was taking a video of the stepper motor then when i connected the phone on the obd connector to connect to tuneecu suddenly it wont actually detect the bike, so i turned the key off and on and try to reconnect then i noticed the pump didnt prime and the usual humming of the stepper motor and secondaries.
the headlight relay i made was working and didnt give problems for almost a month now.

Back