Electrical Gremins

That is for the Touring without ABS, mine is the Roadster with ABS. Was looking at the "Complete System - Rocket III and Classic with/without instrument modification" schematic.
Ignition Switch is #49. Start at #49 as yellow then changes to green going to #4 kill switch. From there to #42 Alarm Connector accessory. Mistakenly I assumed it was for an Alarm and therefore not needed.
Still is strange that Triumph would trim the yellow wire shorter than the others in the ignition bundle creating a stress issue over time. If the plastic sheath had not started disintegrating, would never have removed it to re-wrap and found the gap in the yellow wire..

I know that - the Roadster schematic does not show the Key-Switch wires, but they are the same for the classic or Touring even though the rest of the schematic is completely different
You should not use the classic schematic as there are significant differences

then changes to green going to #4 kill switch. From there to #42 Alarm Connector accessory. Mistakenly I assumed it was for an Alarm and therefore not needed.

Yes, it does go through the alarm connector - what the schematic does NOT show is that there is a jumper plug on that connector that connects pin 1 to 2 (which completes the ignition circuit) and 3 to 5 which completes the starter circuit - those jumper locations are where an alarm would interrupt those signal to immobilize it.

Here is your Roadster Schematic

R3R_Late.jpg

R3R_key.jpg

DEcosse, thank you for clearing that up. Not finding a yellow wire at the ignition switch on the schematic is what threw me off.

Jon

Back