Walking Tall

.060 Over
Ride
2018 Phantom Black R3R
Has anyone taken their bike in to have it dyno tuned after making intake and exhaust mods? Was it worth it? I have a reputable motorcycle tune shop (Mickey Cohen Motorsports) near me, and am planning on taking my '18 Roadster to him.

Has anyone taken their bike in to have it dyno tuned after making intake and exhaust mods? Was it worth it? I have a reputable motorcycle tune shop (Mickey Cohen Motorsports) near me, and am planning on taking my '18 Roadster to him.
Absolutely! In the hands of a pro, it will never run better than a custom tune. You didn’t say HOW you planned to tune (via tuneecu, PCV) but there are tunes aplenty on the resources part of this website.

Tuning with a PCV only, your gonna leave power on the table as the PCV only adjusts fueling. You can tune the bike with tuneecu, but your going to need a tuner willing to use it.

Running a modified bike without tuning is going to make it lean, hot, and unhappy!

There are MANY post on this site for your edification and enjoyment to make you a more knowledgeable rider regarding tuning (and much more!) Just use the magnifying glass on the upper right corner and start typing!

It's true. I have TORS, K&N under seat filter and PCV. I had it dynoed by a popular shop that dynos mostly Triumph/BMW/Ducati bikes. My 2014 runs great and actually much better than the TORS download. My only problem is I expected higher numbers from the dyno. I got 131 HP and 146 LBS. Not bad but not what I expected. Don't get me wrong as the Rocket runs fantastic but you need the tuneecu if you want higher numbers. I am in fact glad I got it tuned as it also fixed a little of the first gear lash.

It's true. I have TORS, K&N under seat filter and PCV. I had it dynoed by a popular shop that dynos mostly Triumph/BMW/Ducati bikes. My 2014 runs great and actually much better than the TORS download. My only problem is I expected higher numbers from the dyno. I got 131 HP and 146 LBS. Not bad but not what I expected. Don't get me wrong as the Rocket runs fantastic but you need the tuneecu if you want higher numbers. I am in fact glad I got it tuned as it also fixed a little of the first gear lash.
Mickey Cohen Motorsports is an approved Power Commander tuning center. I think the idea is to use a Dynojet Power Commander and tune my bike on their dyno.

MM, So you're running the TOR's, me too. Good to hear the dyno tuning made a noticeable difference over the TORS download

I will consider. What's the difference between Power Commander and tune ECU, in your opinion?
Tuning with a PCV only, your gonna leave power on the table as the PCV only adjusts fueling. You can tune the bike with tuneecu, but your going to need a tuner willing to use it.
@Jvheli is one of the guys who is kinda like EF Hutton, when he speaks, listen. The PCV is an add on that is going to set you back $300 to do less than you can do with Tuneecu, which is free, or next to it, software. The trick is finding a tuner who know how to use Tuneecu. There is a guy north of you, Washington I think, who has a good reputation, @1olbull can tell you more about him, one in Kentucky I believe, one in New York, @Steel can give you info. on him. I’m sure there are more, you’re just going to have to work a little to find one near you.

@Jvheli is one of the guys who is kinda like EF Hutton, when he speaks, listen. The PCV is an add on that is going to set you back $300 to do less than you can do with Tuneecu, which is free, or next to it, software. The trick is finding a tuner who know how to use Tuneecu. There is a guy north of you, Washington I think, who has a good reputation, @1olbull can tell you more about him, one in Kentucky I believe, one in New York, @Steel can give you info. on him. I’m sure there are more, you’re just going to have to work a little to find one near you.

Thanks John for chiming in and good poop. 😘
@Walking Tall There is no comparison.
Tune ECU is superior and PCV is unecessary.
OEM intake (K&N or not) is inadequate.
Get a RamAir and a goid header and you'll be ip around 160 RWHP.

If you find anyone in CA that can tune with Tune ECU, please post up. Everyone I asked only does PCV

Back