Simple tuning question

Camulus

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Roadster
Hi,

I've been looking through the posts on this and other Rocket sites until my head hurts, lots of useful information but also lots of contradictions.

I want to do some minor mods/tuning to my 2013 R3R over the next few months but in order are -

First:-

TORS - I was going for the Dave Platt silencers but some "as new" TORS came up for half the price.

Will these on their own require a remap or does the '12 minute tune' suffice.

Second:-

Ramair filter modification - I presume this will require a remap.

Third:-

Larger bore connector pipe, not sure if this is necessary as it doesn't contain a cat.

I'm sure these topics will have been covered at some stage but I would like a simple yes or no if that's possible.

Thanks

You don't "need" to retune for those mods but your engine will run better if you and smoother, plus you'll have more power.

With those mods there are a ton of tunes for you to chose from.

I would highly recommend getting know TuneECU backwards and forwards. I did the same mods except I used 3 K&N pod filters

TuneECU_Start

Now the route I went was the most expensive. I bought TORS exhaust and Staintune (straight through) crossover pipe. Sounded much better and using TuneECU applied a better running tune for the combo. Ran really well. Then I stepped up to Paul Bryant (Viking Exhaust) header and a customized SuperTrapp muffler. Applied a different tune and the bike screams now!

If you just want a better "sound" then TORS is going to be a good choice but if you want more horsepower and torque you might as well save your money up and go with a header and muffler coming off the header. Viking exhaust has complete exhausts systems for the Roadster. Another words spend your money wisely and get it over with. :D

You can contact members here for both the header and tunes. Hanso for the tunes and Paul Bryant for the exhaust system.

I would like to add the killer on these engines is the manifold.... the engine can't breath. After installing the header on my bike I noticed that it was much quieter where the exhaust comes out of the head. I assume that exhaust was being crammed into the manifold was making the noise. With the header the exhaust just flows out .... quietly.

Last edited:
Back