Driver backrest

pastorfreak

Supercharged
Does anyone know of a driver backrest that can be used with the single seat? Form what I have been told the driver backrest has to come with the two up seat.

Freak

Utopia Has One

Freak..... First, thanks for the pictures of your new baby. I noticed you weren't smiling at all but once you start riding.....the grin appears before you notice. Let us all know how you like the power and comfort after you've spun it around town a few times.

Now....on to your question. I bought a backrest from Utopia: www.utpr.com
The brace bolts into the three holes used for the pillion so if you're riding alone, just use the pre-drilled holes. A single bolt is used to put on or take off the backrest and it's adjustable for height and forward/backward movement.

By the way I am not smiling because it is still in the service department and I havent been able to ride it yet.:confused: But tomorrow is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freak

Right I was trying to find one that I dont have to have the pillion seat on it to use the driver backrest, bummer dooesnt seem to be one available. I can get one at the Dealership for $477.00 for both the backrest and the cruiser seat. Good price or not?

Freak

Utopia Pixs

Freak........ I just posted 3 photos. There's a description under each one and if you have any questions just let me know. After taking off the pillion I simply bolted the Utopia brace back with the center bolt. The pointed screw you see coming out of the brace when it's mounted on the pillion bracket is a stablizing bolt that comes through from the back side. I would think the seat in place will keep it from much, if any side to side movement while riding.

Thanks Pianoman,

Looks like it might work out I can just make a cover of sorts to cover the bracket without the pillion being on. Gave me some good ideas, thanks again.

Freak

More Stability

I'm guessing you could easily have a plate made that would mirror the same shape as the one on the pillion. Bolt it on and add the Utopia brace and you're in business. That would also allow you to add the extra hole on top to put in the stability screw.

Just installed my Utopia Back Rest and took bike out for a spin. I must say its quite an add-on. Very comfy and as I suspected takes some of the weight off the buttock allowing for longer distances before butt numbing. An added bonus I didn't hear mentioned is the support it gives during power accelerations. I still put a death grip on the bars but it's really nice having your buttocks stay in one place. My Alaska leather sheep skin seat cover is helping the numbing too. I think I'm ready for a road trip.:)

Two big thumbs up for Utopia.

Back