detent or not detent that is question

The shots of the video show the oldest lifter piece, T1170029, which is the needle roller bearing one used in 04/05 motors iirc.

The one you removed from your engine is T1170203, the first design they used when they changed to the ball bearing pressure plate setup at engine number 249178.
This part was superseded by T1172023, the latest design lifter piece. This Is the one you want (You have the ball bearing in your pressure plate)

I'm guessing your engine number is higher than 249177?

I would also say you should update your cam chain tensioning guide to the latest design but it looks like someone already did it for you..?

Last edited:
The shots of the video show the oldest lifter piece, T1170029, which is the needle roller bearing one used in 04/05 motors iirc.

The one you removed from your engine is T1170203, the first design they used when they changed to the ball bearing pressure plate setup at engine number 249178.
This part was superseded by T1172023, the latest design lifter piece. This Is the one you want (You have the ball bearing in your pressure plate)

I'm guessing your engine number is higher than 249177?

I would also say you should update your cam chain tensioning guide to the latest design but it looks like someone already did it for you..?

Thanks for the info [ R-111-R TURBO] put my mind at rest. Engine number is higher [3318294] that's why i love this site :thumbsup:

Hi guys are you all ordering accessories from triumph. As apparently they have a sale on and that's why my parts have not been delivered. Last Monday I ordered them :mad: can't go no further with out them. 3/5 working days they said :( So if you have please cancel your orders and save my insanity :):roll::roll:

Back