detent or not detent that is question

When you replace the spring - do not use pliers with a sharp edge. Use round nose pliers or a screwdriver. I am convinced that a sharp edge used on the spring creates a microscopic nick which will then lead to a failure.

In case you haven't seen it, instructions are in my signature.

And great instructions they are been following these and a great help many thanks:)Like i said before you guys make it so much easier:thumbsup:

Every time I hear detent spring or see one like this I think.

Here is some Triumph Engineer in the final assembly of a prototype Rocket 3 engine.
He sees a fault in the design
Then yells out,"ANY BODY GOT A SPRING?"

Then says to himself,"that will work."
hand me the pliers with the sharp edge

Gald that yours is a cheap fix mine was the expensive fix nearly 6k nz dollars the update kit and done by tech who had done 5 before . But had to be done.

A few weeks later tax man gives me a unexpected Return Of more than the repairs so happy it ended up a free repair.

Happy riding.

Hi guys managed to remove clutch today after work think it needs to be replaced. Was thinking of barnett as suggested in [radiator clutch removal] thoughts please found one on ebay £220 And ordering Samco hose kit.Bit confused when removing lifter no needle bearings like in video

this is pic from video

phone 020.jpg
phone 019.jpg

And these pics of my set up. VERY careful when removing everything and didn't see needle bearings.Are these just different set ups even though there both the same year :thumbsdown: Made order for other parts a part from lifter got two part numbers T1170029 and T1172023 one must be upgrade have to ring in morning to find out. Anybody think of anything i have forgot.Forgive me if this post is hard to understand not sure i have done it right long day:confused: Just noticed did forget something detent spring:roll::roll::roll::banghead::roll::roll::roll:
phone 021.jpg
phone 014.jpg
phone 012.jpg

Last edited:
Back