Decel popping 2200-1500 rpm

RIII Forever

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster MY 16, Street triple 675
Hi guys I have a Roadster MY 16 with ramair and Sidewinder Carpenter Racing with db killer installed
I installed the map
2014+ Roadster Tune - CES-RAMAIR-R3R-2014-2018
posted by Claviger works well! Go strong!
But I have a bit of decel popping between 2200 and 1500 rpm even a little bit strong
How can I fix it?
Does this map use tables "I" in deceleration?
If not in the "L" between 2200-1500 should I increase or decrease the values?
How much more or less 10%?

Thank you
After 3 dyno the area reps have done more damage than anything else and I would like to settle with you
1000 thanks

Hi guys I have a Roadster MY 16 with ramair and Sidewinder Carpenter Racing with db killer installed
I installed the map
2014+ Roadster Tune - CES-RAMAIR-R3R-2014-2018
posted by Claviger works well! Go strong!
But I have a bit of decel popping between 2200 and 1500 rpm even a little bit strong
How can I fix it?
Does this map use tables "I" in deceleration?
If not in the "L" between 2200-1500 should I increase or decrease the values?
How much more or less 10%?

Thank you
After 3 dyno the area reps have done more damage than anything else and I would like to settle with you
1000 thanks

It is this area in the L Tables that you should work at.
Try -10 and +10%.

Prost
Ulf

Attachments

• DECEL POPPING.png
    DECEL POPPING.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
[QUOTE = "Penner, post: 603414, member: 5502"] È quest'area nelle L Table a cui dovresti lavorare.
Prova -10 e + 10%.

Prost
Ulf [/ QUOTE]
thanks a lot, so you say first try -10%?

the f-l table is all at 0 in this map

hello Penner I set -10% on that area, done the 12 min of reset .... at the beginning the Popping decel seemed lighter but doing a few kilometers of strong again

Read the link in my sig.

It can be minimized, but with some configurations, it can't be eliminated entirely. @Penner will certainly be able to walk you through minimizing it.

On my bike I went the other way, and enriched the high vacuum closed throttle areas below 3k where the ECU isn't in hard fuel cut. Either strategy works and they're equally acceptable from a technical standpoint.

I still get some popping, particularly, after going full throttle through a gear or two, then closing throttle and letting the bike engine brake down to normal speeds.

As it goes from full fuel cut (hard coded in the ECU when closing throttle at high RPM), to fueling again (around 2500 RPM) there's one loud bang and 2 foot blue flame, when the initial fuel squirt ignites in the exhaust.

Each exhaust, not model/type, each one, will behave slightly differently as hot spots are in different points and are hotter in some than others. The hot spots are what ignite the mix in the pipe.

Last edited:
thanks Claviger what would your post be?

so you have increased in that area that Penner highlighted to me?

Thank you

I do, but I'm not hunting the same things most riders are. I don't even care about popping (i like it), I enrich it to give a better off throttle/on throttle transition feel when slightly cracking it open.

It wastes a lot of fuel doing it my way, smells of fuel, and is not the most environmentally friendly. It can/will also cause you to fail MOT/SMOG checks, again, don't care since I don't have them.

Penner's method, of leaning, is the method that pretty much all OEMs use and is the generally accepted "correct" way of doing it.

ok thanks, then I wait for directions because unfortunately, with heat -10%, they seem almost to increase

Back