Hesitation at 2000 RPM (with Tune ECU questions)

You have hit the nail on the head! Now I have the bike cracking again as my secondary TPS was way out. Everything is how your posts state they should be and even learnt that no.1 is primary for throttle body tuning on th tourers (was told 2 was), Sooo, everything is running smoothly at the moment except my idle has gone from approx 900rpm to 1250rpm???? Can this be adjusted???
Thanks for yours and others knowledge as it has really been a god send as I'm sure the last triumph dealership must have adjusted the secondary tps instead of the primary
Tia

when you corrected the TPS did you go on and recheck Stepper Motor as it's voltage would have changed when you corrected the TPS.
I that is all good check the the linkages at front of Throttle bodies a spray liberally with WD 40 to wash any dust or grime out off springs and linkages

What some people don't realize is after you balance the throttle bodies you should do a ISCV reset/check as things might have moved. If one think about it the primary TPS is set at .6 volts on the #1 throttle body yet it is directly hooked to #3 throttle body hence any change of the two adjustment screw changes the original Primary TPS voltage. Like wise guys do not pay proper attention to throttle cable free play which could put things in a bind (IF THEY WERE SOLIDLY LINKED) but they are not. It is of utmost importance to insure proper throttle cable free play Pull Cable is check at the throttle grip. But what I think people miss and it matters is return throttle cable free play is checked down at the Throttle Body not the grip!!!!

Secondary TPS voltage is set during the ISCV reset First click that retracts the stepper motor you reach up there and push the Secondary Throttle plates fully closed and set the Secondary TPS to .60 volts. The secondary TPS is on #1 throttle body in line with the secondary throttle plate shaft.
Now for my third grenade :D

What some people don't realize is after you balance the throttle bodies you should do a ISCV reset/check as things might have moved. If one think about it the primary TPS is set at .6 volts on the #1 throttle body yet it is directly hooked to #3 throttle body hence any change of the two adjustment screw changes the original Primary TPS voltage. Like wise guys do not pay proper attention to throttle cable free play which could put things in a bind (IF THEY WERE SOLIDLY LINKED) but they are not. It is of utmost importance to insure proper throttle cable free play Pull Cable is check at the throttle grip. But what I think people miss and it matters is return throttle cable free play is checked down at the Throttle Body not the grip!!!!

Secondary TPS voltage is set during the ISCV reset First click that retracts the stepper motor you reach up there and push the Secondary Throttle plates fully closed and set the Secondary TPS to .60 volts. The secondary TPS is on #1 throttle body in line with the secondary throttle plate shaft.
Now for my third grenade :D
Sorry for being a thorn, but hopefully one day I'll be able to pass this knowledge on to someone in need.....
Now everything that you and HansO have told me I have done. Sprayed everything with wd40, checked free play in the cables, and every time I touched something I did an ISCV reset, and even if I didn't, I did one just to be sure!
When I adjusted the throttle bodies, tried different figures but found the bike ran smoother at 570(no backfire) but the idle was at 1250, now by tweaking 2&3 a little I could get the vacuum up to 580/590 across the range(revs come down) but bike coughs and backfires. After all these adjustments I did a ISCV reset. I know triumph adjusted the idle on their unit and was hoping tuneecu could do it as well??? As the bike, as it sits now is running the best it ever has.

Sorry for being a thorn, but hopefully one day I'll be able to pass this knowledge on to someone in need.....
Now everything that you and HansO have told me I have done. Sprayed everything with wd40, checked free play in the cables, and every time I touched something I did an ISCV reset, and even if I didn't, I did one just to be sure!
When I adjusted the throttle bodies, tried different figures but found the bike ran smoother at 570(no backfire) but the idle was at 1250, now by tweaking 2&3 a little I could get the vacuum up to 580/590 across the range(revs come down) but bike coughs and backfires. After all these adjustments I did a ISCV reset. I know triumph adjusted the idle on their unit and was hoping tuneecu could do it as well??? As the bike, as it sits now is running the best it ever has.
IMG_2053.JPG Ps, these were my original figures before starting.... FYI

The only idle adjustment that can be made is in the map and like the other things you would do on a map always save it under a different name and then load the map. You can adjust the throttle stop on the throttle body which will is a sense raise the idle by allowing more throttle opening. Are you running the original map or another one say like the Wayne Trip de-restricted map? In one of your last post you said the secondary TPS is out of wack bad have you corrected that and do you still have the secondaries installed along with the OEM air filter set up? And has your Primary TPS ever been changed?

The only idle adjustment that can be made is in the map and like the other things you would do on a map always save it under a different name and then load the map. You can adjust the throttle stop on the throttle body which will is a sense raise the idle by allowing more throttle opening. Are you running the original map or another one say like the Wayne Trip de-restricted map? In one of your last post you said the secondary TPS is out of wack bad have you corrected that and do you still have the secondaries installed along with the OEM air filter set up? And has your Primary TPS ever been changed?
I got a map off HansO which is for cat removed and ram air filters. The secondary tps has been adjusted correctly (0.6v) and the secondaries are still installed. No I haven't replaced the primary tps but now that everything has been adjusted the only issue is the idle. Would adjusting the throttle bodies to see if I can get the original figures be worth a try as that lowers the idle but never tried it at anything near those figures this time???

I got a map off HansO which is for cat removed and ram air filters. The secondary tps has been adjusted correctly (0.6v) and the secondaries are still installed. No I haven't replaced the primary tps but now that everything has been adjusted the only issue is the idle. Would adjusting the throttle bodies to see if I can get the original figures be worth a try as that lowers the idle but never tried it at anything near those figures this time???
As Warp said, Probably the best way to go is to adjust your idle through editing the tune map. You throttle bodes appear to be in spec right now. I woul b reluctant to blame the primary TPS as long as it's adjusted properly. There is plenty of information in the TuneECU section on how to edit the maps. last year I had an issue with a tune that I loaded that had the ilde too low (sometime my oil light would come on due to low pressure). I editd the map to give my about 150 more RPM and the issue was gone.

As Warp said, Probably the best way to go is to adjust your idle through editing the tune map. You throttle bodes appear to be in spec right now. I woul b reluctant to blame the primary TPS as long as it's adjusted properly. There is plenty of information in the TuneECU section on how to edit the maps. last year I had an issue with a tune that I loaded that had the ilde too low (sometime my oil light would come on due to low pressure). I editd the map to give my about 150 more RPM and the issue was gone.
Thanks Jabo, looks like a bit more reading.

Back