Trumpystu68

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 rocket 3 gt
Hey guys, my problem is that after losing my licence for speeding on my 2020 gt, I installed a number plate flipper. Worked fine for 3 months then I had a knee replacement done. So, after the bike sitting idle for 2 months, nothing would happen, no screen power, absolutely nothing. I checked the fuses and fine. Took it to the dealer after removing flipper, and they said it blew the ecu fuse twice and then it was fine for some reason. Rode it home and reinstalled flipper and it worked once and now back to no power. I checked the fuse they said was blown but it's fine. Now, the power for the flipper runs from the number plate light and I can't see why this would be the problem. Any one had any issues with their ecu?

Be interesting to know what current that flipper thing draws. Maybe the ECU doesn't like the extra flow through the number plate light circuit?

Yes, a relay would be smart. Modern electrics are pretty sensitive.......

Be interesting to know what current that flipper thing draws. Maybe the ECU doesn't like the extra flow through the number plate light circuit?

Yes, a relay would be smart. Modern electrics are pretty sensitive.......
Don't know what it draws but would be minimal. It worked fine for 3 months before sitting idle for 2 months. Worked fine on my 08 rocket also. It's got a small electronic box that's it's brain and a small servo to flip the plate. Fitted to the manufacturer specs and not one of my mates on various other bikes have had problems. More so wondering if anyone has had ecu problems.

A little info
Most of the ecu's use a 10 amp fuse so my opinion is that a 10 amp is to protect the ecu from large amperage draws.
If the fuse is loose then it will heat and blow.
If it is on a relay u can run main wire (30) from battery

A little info
Most of the ecu's use a 10 amp fuse so my opinion is that a 10 amp is to protect the ecu from large amperage draws.
If the fuse is loose then it will heat and blow.
If it is on a relay u can run main wire (30) from battery
It's a 7.5 amp fuse, it's not a large draw and the fuse has not blown

Back