Darkside converted.....

Well I installed a Michelin Anakee 3 140 80 17 on the front a while ago and it's noisy but it works really well, sticks like Velcro, easy turn in, smooth running tire.
NOW I get to see how long my tire set up lasts.

I believe the dark side helped keep my bike on its wheels after being clipped by a Tundra in Jackson Hole. The bike had been basicly shoved in to the shoulder of a large ditch, the tire mark in the dirt showed the tire dug into the slope and didn't slide down into the ditch...the Anikee front did well also, though didn't dig in like the rear. TRACTION BABY!!!!

Well, I put about 17k darkside miles on my Rocky before his demise via a Toyota Tundra.
In all, the summer only 245/50/16 did amazingly. Grind off the pegs at will, GREAT traction everywhere, smooth and still not worn but 1/2 way with ~ 4/32 left.
My NEW(to me) came with Exadra Maxs on her and, I really like the nimble handling she has but still no where near the all around traction I'm use to with the 245 car tire, though a back to back comparison, the "motorcycle handling" is substantially better, it rides like a bike, little to no effort to maneuver at low speeds, uneven surfaces, ECT.
NOW, I will be returning to the dark if this Exadra Max lasts LESS THAN 10K.....BUT it's kinda neat to do back to back comparisons like this.
NO I DO NOT RECOMEND DARKSIDE TO EVERYBODY, IT IS A DIFFETENT WAY TO RIDE, VERY DIFFERENT!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have had just about every popular brand of tire you can have mounted on a Rocket. Including the darkside. By far the best tires have been the New Cobra Chromes. Good traction even in the rain. No signs of cupping at all. Have about 8,000 miles on them and still looking good. Easy 10K. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, I put about 17k darkside miles on my Rocky before his demise via a Toyota Tundra.
In all, the summer only 245/50/16 did amazingly. Grind off the pegs at will, GREAT traction everywhere, smooth and still not worn but 1/2 way with ~ 4/32 left.
My NEW(to me) came with Exadra Maxs on her and, I really like the nimble handling she has but still no where near the all around traction I'm use to with the 245 car tire, though a back to back comparison, the "motorcycle handling" is substantially better, it rides like a bike, little to no effort to maneuver at low speeds, uneven surfaces, ECT.
NOW, I will be returning to the dark if this Exadra Max lasts LESS THAN 10K.....BUT it's kinda neat to do back to back comparisons like this.
NO I DO NOT RECOMEND DARKSIDE TO EVERYBODY, IT IS A DIFFETENT WAY TO RIDE, VERY DIFFERENT!!!!!!

Plus you probably don't approach turns at 130 mph either.

I have had just about every popular brand of tire you can have mounted on a Rocket. Including the darkside. By far the best tires have been the New Cobra Chromes. Good traction even in the rain. No signs of cupping at all. Have about 8,000 miles on them and still looking good. Easy 10K. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cobra Chromes on the new Rocket too.....

Back