Darkside converted.....

Namikuz

Rev'em high, Rev'em HARD!!!
Ride
2005 R3
I CUT the junk Metzler off the wheel from my '05 classic.
On went a 245/50-16 Sumitomo HTR4.
So much better than that worn flat, brick hard, (dot dated 2809) doughnut 240/50-16.
I've had the HTR4 on hopped up turbo cars and they work well.....so why not the Rocket!
And I like it.
Took about 20 miles to get use to certain nuances' of the darker side of motorcycling, but not an issue.
I, commung from a long sport bike back ground, starting in the early 80s', this cruiser stuff is not my norm....
This.... I like, thrust EVERYWHERE!!!! AND comfort.
The tire milage, well, I travel 50 miles one way to work and Ironbutt on a regular basis, tire life is an issue.
This should solve that problem!!!!!
Next... DOUBLE dark side...
AND FOR THE NAY SAYERS!!!!
I am a Proto type test/build tech and have been involved with tire testing for G.M.N.A.O. as well as for Roush Technoliges.... I know what tires do. There is a reason car tires have a 6 ply cap and motorcycles don't.
Bike tires WILL NOT pass car tire testing programs.
Also, I'm not out looking for maximum lean angle....just a great ride!!!!!
1497109713968-1498241213.jpg

I am a Proto type test/build tech and have been involved with tire testing for G.M.N.A.O. as well as for Roush Technoliges.... I know what tires do. There is a reason car tires have a 6 ply cap and motorcycles don't.
Bike tires WILL NOT pass car tire testing programs.

Interesting Namikuz.
I spent ten years in Research & Development Engineering, so (Excuse me if I'm not asking the obvious) why is it that car tyres have a 6 ply cap and bike tyres do not ?
And why don't bike tyres pass car tyre tests ?
Just interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your logic about the bike tires not passing the passenger car tire test. I must say that after putting 190K miles on various car tires on the back of my Rockets there is no arguing in my house about the use of a CT for those of us who ride lots of miles. In the past I've used Toyo Proxes, Goodyear Eagles, and right now I'm running a Uniroyal Tigerpaw. Some are better than others but all have been good tires.

For the thousands in attendance and the millions watching around the world,,, ladies and gentleman,,,,,,,
llllllleeeeeets get ready to rumbleeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

(again):D

I believe the ds will attack most highways with just as much intensity as a Mc tire. There is a little more input to handling it, but to me the mileage difference is worth the effort.
With that said, there are those to argue that there is no way a CT can keep up with a Mc tire, but have never heard of them showing up to an event ready to prove the fact.
DISCLAIMER: These are not proven facts and only my humble opinion. I'm not trying to start arguing with the known experts and will not comment further on this. Lots of safe miles to you.

I believe the ds will attack most highways with just as much intensity as a Mc tire. There is a little more input to handling it, but to me the mileage difference is worth the effort.
With that said, there are those to argue that there is no way a CT can keep up with a Mc tire, but have never heard of them showing up to an event ready to prove the fact.
DISCLAIMER: These are not proven facts and only my humble opinion. I'm not trying to start arguing with the known experts and will not comment further on this. Lots of safe miles to you.
Not arguing but since your from the south I guess your also ok with canned biscuits :)
Humor dude southern style :D

Back