Dammit to Bloody-Assed Hell!!!

It almost seems like it depends on your dealer if you get speedy warranty service or not. I don't understand that. We do a ton of warranty work for a certain auto manufacturer, its just part of the biz. Mechanical things break. People on that "other site" :D wouldn't be going Chicken Little on us if they had any faith in the Triumph service staff at the dealership level. I think they feel that if their bike breaks that even the dealer won't be able to fix it even if they wanted to.

The motorcycle biz is getting to the point that dealers will need year round, highly trained, professional mechanics to survive. Which means they are going to have to pay them some bucks. How are you going to get the calibur of people you need when they can go into other occupations and make a lot more money? Its a wonder there are any motorcycle mechanics at all.

I hope you guys all get these things sorted out. I'm not too worried about mine. If I go out of warranty and it blows up I have the skills and tools to fix it myself, it would be a pain in the ass... that's not exactly a weekend job...

If I go out of warranty and it blows up I have the skills and tools to fix it myself,

I was tempted to tear mine down myself, even though it's under warranty. It kills me to let someone else work on something of mine. That R3 can't be harder to work on than the stuff we do on a daily basis, eh Tomo?;)

No... its probably somewhat straightforward except having the tranny in there also. It wouldn't be quick though. I've torn down Jap bikes to do tranny work and it takes awhile. I would be happier if it just wouldn't break :D

Tsb

This talk about output shaft wiggy and engineering flaws has me for the first time doubting my decision to get the red-head. I sure hope we're seeing a one in a million chance occurrence; much like Pelosi becoming President. Good God! Did I say that? Up that to one in a billion chance.

I'm secound guessing 2

If I read some of this stuff before I got my Rocket I might be ridding Suzuki's new M109 right now. But then again I did smoke one on the street this weekend, also said good bye to a Yamaha Worrier.

Second guessing usually isn't as accurate as first incite.

We've had discussions in the past about Rocket problems and the consensus is that the vast majority of them are sound.

It's difficult to pin down just how many of a particular problem there is(are) because on-line forums are a blow torch for problem gathering and venting.

Go to a Honda Goldwing Forum and see if it's shiite stinks or not.

Most Rockets are under warranty and extended warranties are available for those that need the safety net.

Have a great ride!;)

Just a little update on my vibration.....It's gone?????????? I don't usually believe in mechanical things fixing themselves, but I've gone 6k miles since I posted this thread and it's just gotten smoother and smoother. It still makes some noise, esp. the clutch, but the harder I run it, the better it does. I have began to wonder if sometimes the clutch plates can get a little off center in the hub? Whenever it makes a noise now, I just gag the hell out of it a few times and then all's well again!:confused:

The Grass is Not Always Greener...

If I read some of this stuff before I got my Rocket I might be ridding Suzuki's new M109 right now. But then again I did smoke one on the street this weekend, also said good bye to a Yamaha Worrier.

I did buy the M109R and while I love the bike, I do not like the significant amount of vibration that comes with it. This is not an isolated problem. And here I was thinking of getting the Rocket because of my 109 vibration problem!

Back