Dammit to Bloody-Assed Hell!!!

Hondax

About the Gold Wing site, you got that right, if there is a teeny weeny problem it'll be on there and complained about to no end. They expect it to be perfect (it's close...but not quite) and a lot of them don't understand that sometimes things break. Sometimes I think we are spoiled compared to what we use to ride/drive 30 years ago.
Dennis
27 dtg!

JLoss - Welcome. Go for a test ride, the Rocket is not only faster but smooth as silk. When you do the M109 will be for sale shortly. You can even advertise it here in the classified section. :D

Hey Wibur....
I've also experience a stange vibration in the drivetrain and later it went away. This usually happend during running the turnpike for a prolong period of time at an excessive speed :rolleyes:. It was enough vibration to make me think "what now?", then it just goes away without me really realizing it. As far as doing internal repairs on these motors yourself, it can be done easily but there are specialized tools that must be purchased even to just get the motor out of the frame. It is a very time consuming prosess as the entire bike must be stripped down to remove the frame from the engine. That is not a typo....the frame has to be removed from the engine! But the engine is a piece of cake to work on. Just watch out for those nasty dowel pins on the roller bearings on the trans output shafts (see my album photos).

Just to share my experience with a Goldwing I'd like to say that before I bought my Rocket I drove a brand new goldwing for 2 years and took care about it like bikers love to do.
But when it comes about weard noises, with a Goldwing, selecting another gear makes you really feel sorry for the gearbox!
And you get also few kinds of vibrations through the drive gear.
I sometimes force myself to stop worrying about sounds and vibes and just enjoy the rush of the Rocket because that's something I never got with 10,000 miles of Goldwing.
Keeping in mind that they remain a VERY BIG piece of moving metal can help, because it's tempting to forget that when we like something at that point!:bch:

Back