So - through boredom - I decided to have a look and see what I could find in the 17" dept with a reasonable size. Say for a 6"-6.5" width rim.

200/55ZR17 seem plentiful and varied. Load rating 78 - 425kg. marginally bigger than a 240/50R16 (84 - 500kg) - within EU homologation limits for speedo/gearing. 190/55 more variation still (and cheaper by a long chalk) but a wee bit smaller than stock. Load 75 - 385kg.

I'd suggest that a 200 width tyre is going to help with tracking in long sweeping bends and should reduce bump steer (compared to a 240). A 130 front is about as thin as I'd go - a 120 seems a bit slim. The R3 chassis wheelbase is too long to be a sports bike.

Wear (replacement interval) - difficult to say - though I'd guess that anybody who does the mod will be less focused on cost.

Just thinking aloud.

I understand that Triumph made a odd size of rims and tires making no options to get more cool looking rims.
The Suzuki 109 has a 240 tire on the back and it's shaft drive why can't we get the custom size rims and tires front and back and put them on the Rocket?
Or what do you need to do in changes to make it fit?
Is it possible?
And if so what needs to be done?
I have Carbon BST rims on my Classic But you can get good Tires now for the stock rims so I think thats the way to go

I'm not sure what a BST rim looks like?
Some one here mentioned a guy that makes custom rims I did email him I even called but no one got back to me. So now I'm so close in finishing that I'm just going to leave stock rims and call it good, I think the workmanship is so good so ones going to notice the rims lol.
Dog took $4,000 all ready gurr
I was thinking of Nevs cam and Pistons.
Hopefully I'll have more spare money saved up going to Australia in Jun Daughters going there to study vet . Hoping I'll have enough to buy Nevs cams and pistons , if my dog doesn't cost me more money . But if not one day , I think I rather have that up grade then rims:)

I'm not sure what a BST rim looks like?
Some one here mentioned a guy that makes custom rims I did email him I even called but no one got back to me. So now I'm so close in finishing that I'm just going to leave stock rims and call it good, I think the workmanship is so good so ones going to notice the rims lol.
Dog took $4,000 all ready gurr
I was thinking of Nevs cam and Pistons.
Hopefully I'll have more spare money saved up going to Australia in Jun Daughters going there to study vet . Hoping I'll have enough to buy Nevs cams and pistons , if my dog doesn't cost me more money . But if not one day , I think I rather have that up grade then rims:)
Nothing wrong with stock rims with the new tires that several here are running

Back