Corbin Sucks

They sure looked good new though,
so send em to me.
I'll take them cheesy POS off your hands.
They'll fit right in with the rest of my rat bike theme I've got going.
Take $100.00 apiece for em and shipping?
You might as well throw that crappy seat in the box too,
get rid of it and the hassle.

had an offer of $400 on ebay for that crappy seat, but he wanted more pics. I pulled it from the basement to take some more pics, dropped it on the way up and damaged the effing leather, had to end the auction while I get it repaired.

To be fair the seat wasn't nearly as bad as the fairing and bags, Its just not as comfortable as the stock seat when you factor in the extra height creating turbulence over the screen and careful tippy toe balancing at traffic lights, its tendency to retain liquid then release it upon your buttocks and the silly inconvenient way it fixes to the bike requiring 8 bolts and 2 bags to be removed to get under it.

Lovely...............

That is an understatement.

I'll clarify things a bit. One, Corbin is and has been for sale. The asking price for the physical plant and the molds and manufacturing rights is 35 million. Personally, I think Corbin products are priced over the top but no more than say Rivco and both have fitment problems though Rivco's chrome is better than Corbin's paintwork. The best chrome is Kury because it's all made in China where the EPA hasn't spoiled the party like here.

Motorcycle acessories from most manufacturers tend to be marked up an average of 50% or better (one reason I don't handle that stuff and I'm not interested. it goes against my philosophy). You take 10 bucks worth of glass mat and some snot and mould it into a set of bags and apply some paint and call it good for a grand, or more.... Me, I'll take the OEM hide bags anyday. They don't scuff it you kick 'em and if they do, they buff out just fine. As far as leaks go, put your manties in plastic garbage bags with twist ties. Nothing gets wet plus you have Florida luggage to cart into the no-tell motel when you bed down for the night.

If I wanted a bike with moisture tight luggage and a fairing, I'd go buy a Goldwing and call it good.

had an offer of $400 on ebay for that crappy seat, but he wanted more pics. I pulled it from the basement to take some more pics, dropped it on the way up and damaged the effing leather, had to end the auction while I get it repaired.

To be fair the seat wasn't nearly as bad as the fairing and bags, Its just not as comfortable as the stock seat when you factor in the extra height creating turbulence over the screen and careful tippy toe balancing at traffic lights, its tendency to retain liquid then release it upon your buttocks and the silly inconvenient way it fixes to the bike requiring 8 bolts and 2 bags to be removed to get under it.

You must be built like a hippopatmus. I can flat foot my R3 anytime, anywhere. (well, except off camber gravel drives but that isn't germane to this.....):D

They sure looked good new though,
so send em to me.
I'll take them cheesy POS off your hands.
They'll fit right in with the rest of my rat bike theme I've got going.
Take $100.00 apiece for em and shipping?
You might as well throw that crappy seat in the box too,
get rid of it and the hassle.

Skip...

Tell him if he throws in aa couple c notes, you'll let him have your hide bags with my liners. Those are real quality bags that will outlast the bike.

Flip you know my bags aren't for sale,
not at that price anyway.
Heck, they're better than new with your liners in em,
and you and everybody else knows it.
2 C notes wouldn't even touch em.;)
But,
I would take them crappy beetlebags and gawd awful seat and maybe make some nice coffee tables out of it all for my mancave.
Total cost to adapt them into something useful,
zero, you know me.
Not quit worth the 2 Notes I offered,
but its helpin a brother out ya know?
And one could hold my Triumph mags while I use the other one for emptys.
Besides, the dog needs something to lay on,
that seat may come in handy too.

I'm about to start a project of my 2000 Thunderbird that's been covered in my yard the last 3 years, debating whether to spend some money with Flip for the R3 first.

you sure won't find better stuff at any price.
He has quality bling and a great price.
We ALL may rag each other back an forth on the site,
but in real life,
you couldn't ask for a nicer guy to do business with.
Highly recommended.

Back