Corbin Seats - Love'em or Hate'em

Corbin Seats - Love'em or Hate'em?

• Love my Corbin Seat

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Hated my Corbin Seat

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Never Tried them

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • It's complicated (Please post details)

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
I find the Corbin seat brilliant, I can sit on it all day.

20190314_165047A.jpg
I have never tried one on the R3 but... it looks like one meets the lumbar support further back than the stock Gel2up with back rest. It looks super kool.

I'm not new to motorcycling but one thing I've never had was a Corbin seat.

I've heard people swear by them and tell me they buy one for any bike they own. These people typically say it takes about 1000 miles for them to break in.

Others I've talked to tell me that they are horrid and the most uncomfortable thing they've ever sat on. They claim that they've ridden 1000s of miles and they never became comfortable.

Of both camps I've seen touring riders and starbucks riders, big guys and tiny guys, old and young. I can't seem to find a common trait among lovers or haters.

So... let's hear from those who've owned these polarizing seats.
I've been riding almost 60 years and have had 30+ bikes and have ridden tens of thousands of miles.
You will never find consensus around a seat! Too many variables including rider anatomy, weight, foot peg position, handlebar height and pullback, rider inseam, seating angle...even type of clothing all matter. Also, you can never tell by looking or even feeling them with your hand.
I owned a 2000 Boss Hoss on which I rode 70K miles over 11 years. It had a leather, flat, hard to the touch Corbin which one would have thought would be a butt killer but it turned out to be about the best seat I've ever had including far plushier and seemingly more ergonomic seats.
The current seat on my X Diavel S looks like it should be awful but is great! I tried an expensive Ducati certified seat which felt plushier and more anatomic but was too thick, raising me enough to have me tiptoe and made me feel like I was sliding forward....returned it!
I must say that the quality of Corbins is excellent but the only way you will know for sure is to ride one.
I just ordered a brand new 2021 R3 GT and sat on it in the showroom. Feels OK but who knows for sure?!

Corbin seats are as hard as wood bench, and no matter what they say never break in. So if you can sit on a wood chair or plastic bench without pain, a Corbin seat will work for you. They are well shaped and a good fit to the bike. Don't forget your tool less access to the battery is gone, you have to remove 2 screws to remove the seat. I need a soft seat which most people don't like either, so my Corbin didn't last long.

good call out on the access to battery compartment. Def don’t want to lose my tool.

Back