Corbin Seat Info

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Ive read a good bit on them, but wondering, in what way do they move the pressure?

I have problems that recently developed because the seat puts too much pressure on my perenium. Especially when playing instead of cruising.

Does the Corbin Fastgun move your weight more rearward onto the butt?

I ask all this because I just bought a lightly used Fastgun.

The fastgun seat profile seems similar to the dual tour, and on that I find that I stay pretty well planted. I note the fastgun has a high nose on it, and that could be collision point for your package if you do slide forward, but I think overall you'll be fine. AS for pressure I don't find a specific problem on the dual tour, instead sitting on anything for hours and hours will get uncomfortable after awhile. Probably the sit bones are the most likely to get angered. I am thinking of adding a gel pad, in the hopes to get just a wee bit more padding out of it. Upholstery staplers are cheap so I can give it a try.

I guess I'll find out. As I get larger I'm finding the stock seat less and less acceptable. When I was 160lb it was flawless, at 204, it's starting to become an issue, and I can't see the 25lb I still want to gain helping matters.

The jewels are safe, I put a lot of backward pressure on the pegs in braking to keep me in place since the tanks like 99% useless to grip with the knees.

I love my fastgun on the roadster. The dual tour on my standard is ok but it doesn't have a latch mechanism that mates with the stock system, which I hate

Rob - remove vinyl cover - Borrow wifes bread knife - reshape.

Took me ages to do it the first time. I was worried about screwing it up - and made sure I had a complete new seat spare - Just in Case.
I have now remodeled thrice (bit here - bit there) and it's now PERFECT. The main thing is analyzing where you need and do not need padding.

For a man who designs bellmouths - should be a doddle.
Look for a local upholstery place. They will have different foams.

I had a Corbin seat on my Buell. Took AGES to bed in. I don't think I'd get another for that reason alone.

Last edited:
Back