COOLANT OVERFLOW TANK-------------AGAIN

It is very nice But
a) you do not want to pressure it, so a standard cap not a pressurising radiator cap
b) a catch can is all you need and would be cheaper (in the cut bear Claw thread you started you can see mine in the pictures that Scot (@warp9.9) posted, it is abot the same size as the one you are looking at, it does not want to be more than 1 Litre capacity you would get away with 750ml
c) it only needs a inlet at the bottom to let the excess radiator coolant come in and be drawn back out and a outlet at the top to allow excess to go out via overflow tube out the back behind motor
I hope this helps

Hanso is right all you need is a in/out single pipe at the bottom or coming from the top to the bottom and a vent to atmosphere and a convenient way of filling it, if you look at the picture of mine the tube on top goes to the base an there is a vent at the top of the bottle (that you can't see in the pic ) that is to atmosphere so as it is not under pressure because all it has to do is allow the coolant to expand and contact as the engine gets hot (expand) and cool (contact) the simpler the better.:thumbsup:

Hanso is dead on. That bottle is not the right part for an overflow. Besides it is not polished or chromed. Just plain "aluminium". If you don't polish it all the time, it will look like crap over time.

Looks cool....much better than plastic!

I've been looking at this procedure a while now because I really am no fan of the plastic solution I have. Except all the solutions I've seen so far have been way too "in your face" with large cans strapped to an engine bar or something. Since I'm trying to keep my bike more cruiser than street racer, the cure seems worse than the disease. At least the ugly plastic is mostly stashed behind the claw.

Back