Classic master cylinder

Gary

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket
Hi Folks,

Sorry if this has been asked but can't find any info, Does anyone know the part number for the master cylinder that has the larger piston? I believe it is for 2010/2011 onwards. I have a 06 Classic but want to change the master cylinder for the later one am guessing this has been done loads of times. Can anyone advise if this is ok to do without any issues.

Thanks

Gary

Front or rear? In any case, you can look here to get the part number....
Hi Thanks for the reply. It is the front cylinder I am after. Thanks for the link but I have the 2 different part numbers but can not get any confirmation of the one with the larger piston as the dealers say they don't have that info

I'd enter the oldest model classic and see what the part number is, then enter the latest and if different go with that one. On the Hermy's website when you click on that part, after entering your bike, it will indicate if it will fit.

why do u want to change?
Want to try and get better brakes as fed up bleeding and have a lot of travel in in lever, just think that they should be a lot better than they are. They do not give me confidence with this amount of weight!!

Want to try and get better brakes as fed up bleeding and have a lot of travel in in lever, just think that they should be a lot better than they are. They do not give me confidence with this amount of weight!!

Going with smaller valve will give more pressure with more travel on the lever. Going with larger valve would give less pressure with less travel on the lever. Now i dont know if the difference will make a bit of improvement.
Best way to get the air out of the early ones is to pry the brake pads back out. B careful if it overflows onto the paint.
Hth

Going with smaller valve will give more pressure with more travel on the lever. Going with larger valve would give less pressure with less travel on the lever. Now i dont know if the difference will make a bit of improvement.
Best way to get the air out of the early ones is to pry the brake pads back out. B careful if it overflows onto the paint.
Hth
Sorry can you expand on the "pry the brake pads back out"? don't quite understand cheers

when you use your brakes the pads on both sides and the pistons move in against the rotor
what u do is put a small pry bar against the rotor and pry on the brake pad to push the pistons back in the caliper this pushes the brake fluid back into the master cylinder taking the air with it. it might over flow the master cylinder.
don't gouge /scratch your rotor.
and be sure to pump the brakes back up before u ride.
this should give u a good short pull on the lever.
u could use a screw driver on the pad and a piece of wood/plastic for leverage

when you use your brakes the pads on both sides and the pistons move in against the rotor
what u do is put a small pry bar against the rotor and pry on the brake pad to push the pistons back in the caliper this pushes the brake fluid back into the master cylinder taking the air with it. it might over flow the master cylinder.
don't gouge /scratch your rotor.
and be sure to pump the brakes back up before u ride.
this should give u a good short pull on the lever.
u could use a screw driver on the pad and a piece of wood/plastic for leverage
+1 on the "be sure to pump the brakes back up before u ride." Ask me how I know.....

Back