I hate Scotchloks with a passion - nasty devices!
Posi-taps are nice effective solution and minimally invasive if you do not want to cut the wiring.
Not only makes for easy install but also easy to disconnect or remove.
The problem with solder-splicing is that if you want to remove it for any reason then you have a hard connection that is not a quick disconnect.
If you wanted to get really fancy you could make some 1:2 adapter pigtails with OEM connector type.

Grampi may I suggest the Triumph Oval or Teardrop mirrors. I have both and they work VERY well. They come in chrome or black. Expensive but worth it.

I have a pair of these too sitting in a box, my electrician friend was going to solder them for me but i haven't had the time to drop the bike off at his house. I also ordered a pair of universal adapters from NewBonneville that fit the Rocket...
Universal Mirror Adapter Kit

WOAH NELLY!
$35 US for 2 lousy bolts and collets???

These are what I have used for several years.
Good mirrors!
Why don't I see any picture or link in this post? It has happened several time lately where someone says "these are what I use" or "here's what I have" and I see nothing.

Don't meant to hijack this but it seemed timely. Especially as I would like to find different mirrors.

Edit

I just noticed when I went to reply to this that the quote includes the link but in the original view it doesn't show. I tried to copy and paste into this edit. It shows in the text entry screen but not when I post. The only way to display what I see is a screenshot...

Rocket forum link.png

Last edited:
Why don't I see any picture or link in this post? It has happened several time lately where someone says "these are what I use" or "here's what I have" and I see nothing.
Don't meant to hijack this but it seemed timely. Especially as I would like to find different mirrors.
Edit
I just noticed when I went to reply to this that the quote includes the link but in the original view it doesn't show. I tried to copy and paste into this edit. It shows in the text entry screen but not when I post. The only way to display what I see is a screenshot...
Rocket forum link.png

Weird. On my monitor it is a small vertical rectangle, picturing the two mirrors in the top with a link to Rivco at Amazon in the bottom.

Weird. On my monitor it is a small vertical rectangle, picturing the two mirrors in the top with a link to Rivco at Amazon in the bottom.
Thanks to that reply I was able to figure it out. It's my Ad Blocker zapping Amazon links.

Thanks

Back