Getting a rear fitted tomorrow, wheel off, AV92 for $429 supplied and fitted, wasn't sure if that was a good price or not, SPM in Taren Point Sydney.

Getting a rear fitted tomorrow, wheel off, AV92 for $429 supplied and fitted, wasn't sure if that was a good price or not, SPM in Taren Point Sydney.
Good to see a 'real' tyre back on it;):D. Get the shaft drive spline and bevel drive cleaned and re-greased with a 60%+ molybdenum grease like this one:
LOCTITE ® LB 8012 contains 65% molybdenum disulfide for maximum lubricity.
It is a heavy, black paste with unsurpassed lubricating qualities.

I'm sure Wrecka did as he knew all about it and did as required including a few tyre changes. It is recommended to do every tyre change as the original factory grease dries out over time and some have had excessive wear etc because it was not done for extended periods.

https://download.schneider-electric...etin&p_File_Name=sds_081.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=SDS081

LOCTITE ® LB 8012
Known as LOCTITE ® 8012 or LOCTITE ® Moly Paste April -2015
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION LOCTITE ® LB 8012 provides the following product characteristics:
Technology: Anti-Seize
Appearance: Dark gray paste
LMS Cure: Not applicable
Application: Lubrication
Specific Benefit
● Provides smoother than new metal surfaces
Machine tool marks and other irregularities are reduced to a mirror-smooth finish by its lubricating action.
LOCTITE ® LB 8012 reduces friction on threaded fasteners, including bolts, nuts and studs.
The low and uniform friction coefficient of 0.06 creates reliable assembly conditions.
Lubricant stays in place through heat, load and vibration to ensure a trouble-free disassembly.
For the ultimate in low friction solid lubrication:
press fit - no binding, no chatter or stick-slip, low force;
threaded fasteners - higher clamping for torque, less torque for same clamping, ease of removal (anti-seize);
slip-fit - easy assembly, disassembly, ready alignment;
metalworking - drawing, stamping, coining, extruding, forging - lower friction, eliminates stretching, galling, metal pick-up, lengthens die life;
splines - reduces wear and binding;
gears - stands up under high static or slow-moving loads. This product is typically used in applications with an operating range of -29°C to +400°C

Good to see a 'real' tyre back on it;):D. Get the shaft drive spline and bevel drive cleaned and re-greased with a 60%+ molybdenum grease like this one:

I'm sure Wrecka did as he knew all about it and did as required including a few tyre changes. It is recommended to do every tyre change as the original factory grease dries out over time and some have had excessive wear etc because it was not done for extended periods.

Hahah real tire , i supplied old mate with a jar of the same loctite grease , and i was paranoid about the splines so maint was done every 20k

I'll be needing new tyres soon so decided to shop around..
Avon Chromes AU$780 fitted!

Took a while for me to pick myself off the floor.

Might be expensive but what a tyre. Just done 2000 miles on my new set of chromes wet and dry straights and twisties.Changed the handling completely.The std cobras where good but the chromes are a different league:thumbsup:

Avon chrome front & exedra max rear $670 total if you drop tyres in to the Tyres for Bikes shop in Bris. Between $30 and $50 less for some shops a bit further away.

I like the tire heaps.

Great cornering I thought the bike leans 15% more. Scrape the boots all the time.

Got over 12 thousand ks on it hope to get a few more thousand K DC before change it.

Back